Chapter XXXII (Second Half)

A meeting was called by Commissioner General Natividad.

​A briefing was lead by Prosecutor Del Mundo. Tinalakay niya ang status ng mass abduction case at maging ang case ni Ms. Hansel. Nabanggit niya na may posibilidad na homicide ang pagkamatay nito. That statement gained disputable glares from the uniformed officials positioned below the Commisioner General.

​Their vociferous arguments claimed that the leader of Ace Team was just making unnecessary investigation. Bakit hindi na lamang daw ipasa sa ibang unit ang pag-iimbestiga sa pagkamatay ni Ms. Hansel at ituon ang atensyon sa paghahanap sa mga bata at sa mga kriminal na responsable sa pagkawala ng mga ito. Ang nais daw ng mga tao ay resulta sa lalong madaling panahon. Hindi isang kaso na papatungan pa ng isa pang kaso. The conference room was heated by the rage of uniformed officials. Above the heat, Commissioner General Natividad called his daughter.

​"Criminal Profiler Jiwon Natividad," his voice exerted enough power to mute everyone inside the room. Eyes drifted to him and then towards the direction of his daughter who was standing at the corner of the room with her team members.

​Jiwon lifted her gaze and met the intimidating glares of the officials sitting around the long table with her father.

​"Give us your opinion... as the appointed profiler of Ace Team."

​Malinaw na narinig ni Jiwon ang sinabing iyon ng kanyang ama, and she was ready to do what she was told to do. Honestly, kung hindi pa siya tinawag at inutusan ng kanyang ama, she was afraid that she would eventually disrespect them and shoved the facts and conclusions she made about the case of Ms. Hansel in front of the crocodile faces of the uniformed officials. Mabuti na lamang at hindi umabot sa ganoon.

​Tatlong hakbang lamang at nasa tabi na siya ni Prosecutor Del Mundo. Kinuha niyang signal ang tango nito upang simulan niya ang pagpapaliwanag. "May connection ang pagkamatay ni Ms. Hansel Dumayan sa pagkawala ng mga bata. May alam siya, kaya siya pinatay. The one who killed her was afraid that she will open her mouth out of conscience. Kung mahahanap natin ang killer ni Ms. Dumayan, mahahanap rin natin ang mga bata... and of course pati na rin ang mga kriminal."

​One of the officials asked, "How are you sure na may connection nga ang homicide case ni Dumayan sa mass abduction?" Then his voice lowered with mockery as he said, "You're not even sure if she was murdered."

​Jiwon glanced in the direction of her members. Tinanguan niya si Sebastian.

​It was a clear signal for Sebastian to move on to his feet and operate the laptop.

​A thumbnail of a video was shown on the projector screen. It was an interview with a delivery boy named Aj.

​Matapos lingunin ni Jiwon ang projector screen ay muli niyang ibinaling ang tingin sa mga nagtatakang opisyal. "What you're about to watch is an interview with Aj Murez. A delivery boy in Fire in Noodles, a restaurant that serves different kinds of pasta, just across Nightingale Exclusive Condominium. Ms. Hansel Dumayan dropped by in Fire in Noodles the day before she was found dead inside her unit. Ayon kay Mr. Murez, nakita niya si Ms. Dumayan around seven on the evening of February fourteen sa Fire in Noodles Restaurant, kausap ang boss niya na si Mr. Velasquez. He overheard their conversation and found out na nag-iinquire ito sa service nila na noodles on your way, where in different dishes of pasta will be delivered to her home for straight whole week at exactly six in the morning. Ms. Dumayan paid cash for the service and excitedly went out of their restaurant. Exactly six in the morning, Mr. Murez appeared in front of Ms. Dumayan's door." Nakita ni Jiwon sa mga mata ng mga opisyal na unti-unti na nilang nauunawaan ang koneksyon na nais niyang ipaliwanag. She nodded again at Sebastian, and the video started.