Chapter 4

"And then we live happily ever after." Camila sighed dramatically as she flipped the final page of her script closed. She glanced out the night-darkened window of her trailer and yawned. She was absolutely exhausted from her busy day, never mind the fact that she was still functioning on East Coast time, but she did not want to call it a night just yet. Even though she knew she had the next few months to spend with Lauren, she was not ready to leave her for the evening. "You know, I think this movie will resonate well with the public."

Lauren swallowed thickly, rather liking the sound of her and Camila living 'happily ever after', and nodded. "I do too. But do you think it'll be because we're both women, or because of the story?"

The question was a good one and Camila bounced her head from side to side as she considered her answer to it. "Honestly? Both. I think the initial wave of press attention will be focused on the fact that the two romantic leads are both women, but I think that once people see past that, they'll just see it for what it is."

"A love story," Lauren supplied.

Camila nodded emphatically. "Exactly."

"So, did you ever hear back from your assistant about where you're going to stay while we're in LA?" Lauren asked as she slipped her copy of the script into her purse.

"Yeah." Camila pulled out the envelope that had been delivered to her by courier that afternoon. "It looks like I am already checked in to a garden cottage at the Chateau Marmont," she read aloud as she pulled an electronic keycard from the heavy manila envelope. "That sounds familiar—I'm assuming it's okay?"

Lauren nodded, easily picturing Camila strolling around the historic grounds of the famous hotel. "Very okay, Camz. You'll like it."

"Have you stayed there?"

"Not at the hotel, no. But it has a really nice bar and restaurant that I've been to a few times for functions and stuff."

Camila smiled as an idea struck her. "So you know how to get there from here?"

The naiveté behind Camila's question had Lauren biting the inside of her cheek to keep from laughing. One would be hard pressed to find anybody who was in the business in Hollywood that did not know where the Chateau Marmont was and how to get there. Instead of pointing that out, however, she kept her answer simple and concise. "Yes."

"Well, then how about if you let me follow you over there so I don't have to listen to that nasally woman on the GPS and we can go to dinner."

Lauren chuckled, secretly pleased that Camila wanted to spend more time with her, but could not resist teasing her a little. "The GPS isn't that bad."

Sensing victory, Camila threw her hands up in the air delightedly. "Yay! Okay, so now I just have to get my bags into my car and... are there any PAs around still to move my bags?"

"I can take care of your bags," Lauren said, still chuckling at Camila's excited antics. "What kind of car did they get you?"

Camila's eyes dropped to the keys that were delivered to her earlier while she and Lauren were running lines. "A Mercedes."

"Go find it and I'll start bringing out your bags."

"I can help," Camila argued weakly, knowing full-well that she really could not. She had crammed so many clothes into the few bags that she had brought with her on the plane that there was no way she would be able to lift any of them.

Lauren grinned and shook her head. She was more than fine taking care of Camila. "Go find your car and bring it over here, and then we'll see about that."