Chapter 14

Lauren poked her head out of the door to Camila's trailer and looked around. Not seeing who she needed, she pulled her phone out of her pocket and dialed the production assistant who had been assigned to her for the movie. She hated using the glorified gophers any more than necessary, but this was one of those times where she did not have much of a choice.

"Johnson," the kid answered on the first ring.

"It's Lauren Jauregui. I need you to get me a veggie wrap, a turkey wrap, two bottles of water, and a couple of apples or something and meet me at the hair and makeup trailer."

"Of course, Ms. Jauregui. I'll be there shortly."

"Thanks," she said as she turned to look at Camila, whose hair she had managed to completely destroy, and grinned.

"You're lucky you didn't give me a hickey." Camila studied her reflection in the mirror and smoothed her hands over her clothes. If their lunches were going to consist of incredibly hot make-out sessions, she was going to have to start changing out of her character's clothes.

"You were the one who said 'shut up and kiss me'," Lauren argued as she ran her fingers through Camila's hair, trying to smooth out the strands she had mussed. "You can't blame me, I was just following directions."

Camila laughed and nodded. "I have to say, you did that very well. Are you always so obedient?"

A lascivious grin quirked Lauren's lips as she stepped back and gave Camila a thorough once-over. She still looked completely disheveled, but it was passable enough that they should be able to leave the trailer without anyone saying anything. "It depends on my mood. Let's get over to the torture trailer and get fixed up."

Camila laughed and took Lauren's outstretched hand. "The torture trailer, really?"

Lauren pushed the door open and nodded. "It is. I hate doing all that stuff. They poke and pull and..." Her voice trailed off as she heard Camila snigger beside her. "It's not funny! It's like being one of Sylvester's she-bots all over again!"

Camila forced her laughter back and nodded. "Of course, Lauren. You're absolutely right."

"That's just condescending and mean. And to think that I was going to offer to take you out to dinner again tonight."

"You bought dinner last night, Lauren. It's my treat this time," Camila said as she pulled open the door to the 'torture trailer' and waved Lauren through.

The two stylists looked up from their lunch as the actors entered the trailer. "Well, hello again ladies. Looks like you two need a touch-up," the smaller woman, Becca, Lauren thought her name was, said with a smile.

Lauren cleared her throat and nodded as she glanced at her watch. Wardrobe had let her keep her oversized Tag, saying that it fits well with her character. "We're supposed to be on set in ten."

Becca looked over at the other woman and winked. "You up for the challenge, Jo?"

Jo smiled and wiped her hands off on a napkin as she nodded and got to her feet. "I think we can manage," she said as the door to the trailer was thrown open.

"Ms. Jauregui." Johnson, the PA Lauren had called before leaving Camila's trailer, said as he climbed inside. "Here's your lunch."

"Thanks," Lauren said as she took the veggie wrap and bottled water out of his hands and gave them to Camila before taking her own food. "Just set the apples on the windowsill and we'll grab them on our way out."

"You got it. Is there anything else?"

"Can you hustle over to the set and tell James that Camz and I are just getting touched-up and that we'll be there in a minute?"