Chapter 26

Sometime during the night, Camila and Lauren had shifted positions so that when Lauren woke up, it was to the comforting weight of the brunette's head resting upon her chest. Lauren smiled as she reached up and ran her fingers through dark tresses, combing through the curls that the moist sea air the night before had created. She felt lighter than she had in ages. Her fears that Camila would leave her when things were all said and done were still present, of course, but they weren't nearly as strong. She felt like she could breathe. Like there was a light at the end of the tunnel. While she hadn't intended to tell Camila about it the night before, she couldn't deny that having done so was a good thing. Yes, a part of her was still afraid that filming would end and that Camila would go back to New York, but the brunette's words from the night before resonated beside those dark thoughts, showering them with the flickering light of hope that they would find a way to be together in the end.

She just had to believe.

That was still a problem, of course, she was too used to being left behind, kicked aside, or abandoned, but she wanted to believe Camila when the brunette promised to find a solution. More than with anyone else in her life, she wanted to believe Camila wouldn't hurt her.

She wanted to believe.

She was pulled from her thoughts by a deft tongue flicking across her nipple, and she grinned as she murmured, her voice thick and rough with sleep, "Good morning, my beautiful singing princess."

Camila smiled against Lauren's breast as she delivered another light lick to the tempting rosy nipple in front of her mouth. "Good morning. How are you feeling?" she asked softly, still mildly concerned about Lauren after the previous night's confessions.

"I'm good. So, you know," Lauren murmured, smirking as she scratched Camila's scalp, "feel free to continue what you were doing."

Camila laughed and kissed Lauren's breast softly. "You liked this?"

"Not at all," Lauren drawled, her breath hitching audibly in her throat when Camila's mouth surrounded her. She groaned as the brunette's tongue circled her nipple, flicking lightly over the bud. "You are so good at that," she murmured.

Camila grinned and sucked the nub between her lips; her right hand sliding up Lauren's stomach to palm Lauren's other breast, squeezing the mound under her hand as she sucked hungrily against the other. She hummed approvingly as Lauren's chest arched up into her and she licked her lips as she pulled back to examine her handiwork. Peaked nipples seemed to stare back at her, begging for attention, and she whimpered as she leaned back in for more.

"God, I love your boobs," she murmured as she kissed her way around Lauren's left breast. "I could just play with them forever."

Lauren bit her lip as her eyes rolled back in her head at the brunette's raspy confession. "Camila."

"Hmm?" Camila asked as she painted a broad swipe of her tongue over Lauren's straining nipple, watching the way it bounced back into place before she sucked it deep inside her mouth.

Lauren let out a long, loud moan, her fingers tightening in Camila's hair as the brunette pulled back and blew a lightly over her nipple, the cool air over the hardened nub sending a wave of desire coursing through her. "So good," she sighed.

Camila smiled and switched breasts again so that she was able to rest her weight on her left arm as she ran her right hand in slow, meandering circuits down Lauren's stomach; nipping lightly on the raven-haired woman's nipple as she scratched her nails over toned muscles, swirling her tongue around the bud as she swirled her finger inside Lauren's bellybutton. Her fingers slid slowly back and forth between protruding hipbones as she licked a path up Lauren's neck to hover promisingly above the woman's parted lips.