Chapter 75

*******

So that's the end of this book. We've been at it since the beginning of March, it's been quite a journey for me and I hope that it's been as amazing to you guys like it's been for me. I appreciate all of your the votes and comments, it made me really happy so thank you. Love ya guys, bye 👋🏻

*******

With Camila back on top of the Broadway world, playing to sold-out crowds every night for Gravity, and Lauren working on the first season of Mercy, life for the couple was hectic. Days turned into weeks, which passed into months far too quickly to even be realized, and before either of them even really knew it, it was June and time to begin the press tour for Serendipity.

The film's producers had scheduled the New York-based talk shows for the week, leaving the Los Angeles ones for Sunday and Monday nights—Camila's weekend—to try and accommodate Camila's schedule as much as possible. It made Camila's long weeks even longer because the morning talk shows cut into what little sleep she did manage to get every night, but she just put on her showbiz smile and powered through the exhaustion.

It was, after all, all she could do.

Lauren had not been blind to Camila's struggle to manage the increased workload, and she took a lot of the pressure onto herself—putting an extra effort into being charming and outgoing during interviews so that Camila could just sit by and chime in when needed. She had never particularly enjoyed this part of the filmmaking process, she was much more comfortable being in front of the camera if she was pretending to be somebody else, but seeing the toll it was taking on Camila made her hate it even more.

She could not wait until the next day when the whole thing would be done, save for a few random talk-show appearances if the film was well-received. But even those would not be bad, because doing one or two appearances in a week was a hell of a lot easier than junkets and a seemingly endless stream of interviews.

But, for now, they had one last interview to do before that evening's Los Angeles premiere and Lauren sighed as she looked across the dressing room at Camila, who was getting her hair done. They had yet to begin planning the wedding, work had taken precedence over their personal lives as they settled into their new projects, and seeing Camila sitting in a chair getting her makeup done made her long for the day that they would actually get married. She knew that it was just a stupid piece of paper, that they were married in everything but name only, but that did very little to ease the aching want that settled in her chest as she looked at her.

"What are you thinking about, Jauregui?" Camila asked, her tone light and her eyes serious as she looked over at Lauren. She had felt Lauren's eyes on her for some time now, and she was not at all surprised to see Lauren watching her with a soft, thoughtful look on her face.

Lauren shook her head and forced a smile. "Nothing." She chuckled at the disbelieving look Camila shot her and held her hands up in defeat. "Marrying you, all right? I'm thinking about marrying you."

"You look awfully serious for something like that," Camila teased. "You're not changing your mind, are you?"

"Never," Lauren assured her solemnly, ignoring the way the hairdresser grinned at her response. The tabloids were in love with her and Camila, covering their every moment out in public—or so it seemed—and the hairdresser was clearly amongst their fans. She gave the woman a look that had her instantly schooling her expression and hurrying to finish Camila's hair, and Lauren smiled as she stepped out of the way for the hairdresser to leave.

"That wasn't very nice," Camila chided with a smile as she slipped out of her chair and walked over to Lauren. She melted into Lauren's gentle embrace and sighed as she kissed her softly.