Chapter 35

Considering what time they finally went to bed, Lauren woke up early the next morning. On any other day, waking up at nine would have been considered sleeping in, but after no sleep, Friday night because of the flight out, and then going out the night before – never mind the chaos that had ensued after they'd left the club – it was early. Very, very early.

But she was wide-awake.

It was early, and she had gotten the barest amount of sleep, but her mind was already working at a million miles a minute dissecting everything that had happened after they had left Felicity. The show-down with her father had been decidedly unpleasant but she was mostly relieved to be done with him. Sure, if she ever ran into him again, he would probably spout the same hateful words at her, but she could handle that. What she couldn't handle, however, was how the phone call with her mother had gone after the fact.

She had been thrown by Clara's confession that she had kicked Mike out and filed for divorce. She had been even more bewildered by the way the woman seemingly accepted her relationship with Camila by telling her to let Camila take care of her. It had been nice, really, really nice to hear the gentle concern in her mother's voice, and she had surprised herself when she left the door open to possibly rekindling some kind of a relationship with her.

Because, while having her mother back sounded like heaven, she wasn't sure it was in her best interest to let Clara back in now, just when her life was finally where she wanted it to be.

She sighed softly, knowing that she would eventually have to figure out what to do about her mother, but she pushed those thoughts aside. This weekend wasn't about her fucked up relationship, either real or imagined, with her parents. It was about Nicole, and getting to know Camila's fathers. And that was it. She didn't have the energy to make a good impression on Camila's dads when she was also thinking about possibly re-establishing a relationship with her mother. She knew she got quiet and somewhat abrasive when thinking about her family, and the last thing she needed was to come off as that bitch of a girl that Leroy and Hiram remembered her being. She had made a good first-step the day before in showing them that she had matured and she wasn't about to risk screwing that up. Camila was more important to her than anything else.

She smiled and gratefully turned her attention away from her thoughts to focus on Camila as the brunette let out a quiet sigh and a small whimper while she slept. The night had been warm and the sheet they'd fallen asleep under had been kicked to the foot of the bed sometime during the night, which meant that she was blessed with an unadulterated view of her lover's body.

Her gaze lingered on plump, perfectly kissable lips before sliding down, over the regal column of Camila's throat and gliding lightly around the dip at the base of her neck. She licked her lips as she imagined teasing that spot with her tongue, her mind easily conjuring the sounds the touch would evoke from her lover. Moving on, her eyes slid down, over the sloping plane of the brunette's chest to slide sensuously around breasts, her tongue once again sweeping over her lips as her gaze focused on delectable mocha colored nipples.

Absolutely exquisite, she thought, as she moved onward, over trim abs and dark curls, down long, lean legs and back up again. Camila was so beautiful, so graceful and elegant, even in sleep, and she knew that even if she were blessed with the opportunity to wake up like this every day for the rest of her life that she would never get tired of it. That she would never have enough time to just look at her. To worship her with her eyes.

She is so incredibly beautiful.

She was running her eyes back up Camila's legs, caressing them with her eyes, when Camila whined softly and shifted below her, the brunette's left leg falling open and exposing her to Lauren's hungry gaze. A slow, wicked smile tweaked Lauren's lips as she remembered Camila's words from the day before about the particular sound suppressing qualities the brunette's childhood room possessed. She had originally been planning on abstaining during their stay at the Cabello's – risking the chance of Camila's fathers overhearing them having sex seemed like a colossally bad idea for a first visit – but if there was no real risk of being overheard, there was no harm in having a little fun. Right?