Chapter 41

The feeling of Lauren stirring slightly in her arms drew Camila's attention away from her thoughts and onto the alarm clock on the bedside table to her right to check the time. Her eyes widened in surprise at what she saw, and she couldn't help but shake her head in disbelief. Somehow, without her having been aware of it, more than two hours had passed while she'd been holding Lauren and it was now only a few minutes before five o'clock in the evening. Lauren had slept somewhat fitfully, occasionally whimpering and burrowing in closer to her, and she had just lain awake just holding her. Pressing soft kisses to her forehead. Reminding Lauren, even while she slept, that she wasn't alone.

Camila had put the quiet time to good use as well, using the silence that had wrapped around them like a comforting blanket as an opportunity to think about everything that had changed in her life in the last month. She had been taken aback at first by the realization that she had only been with Lauren for a month because, in her mind, it seemed like they had always been together. Lauren made her feel so complete, that it was astonishing to her to sit back and actually realize that it was only a very short time ago that she had felt so desperately, crippling alone that she had uprooted her life on a whim and moved across the country. True, they suffered the occasional moments of discontinuity, as evidenced by her continued embarrassment in the bedroom and Lauren's surprising yet understandable overreaction, but, all in all, they already had the relationship she had always dreamed of someday having.

"What time is it?" Lauren mumbled, lifting her head off of Camila's shoulder as she turned to look at the alarm clock. She huffed a breath when she saw the time and rolled away from the brunette to bury her face in a pillow. "I can't believe I slept so long."

Camila smiled and wrapped herself around Lauren's back, taking the position of the big spoon as they cuddled. She slid her right hand over Lauren's hip and let it rest atop her stomach. "You needed it, baby. How are you feeling?"

Lauren hummed and leaned back into Camila, sighing contentedly as the brunette began drawing small, comforting circles her stomach through the material of her shirt. "Drained. But better. Did you sleep at all?" she asked, her question ending in a yawn as she struggled to fully wake-up.

"Mmm, no," Camila murmured. She pushed herself up onto her elbow so she could kiss the side of Lauren's neck. She lingered in the touch for a moment before she moved on to brush her lips against Lauren's ear. "But I got to hold you so it was totally time well spent."

The feeling of Camila's breath cascading over her ear sent a wonderful shiver down Lauren's spine and she smiled into her pillow. "Sweet talker."

"You know it," Camila drawled, dipping her head and sucking lightly on the sensitive hollow behind Lauren's ear. She slid her hand down over Lauren's panties and squeezed her gently. She had meant for the touch to be nothing more than a playful overture, but the way that Lauren's leg shifted ever so slightly to give her more room to move gave her other ideas. She took advantage of space Lauren had granted her and slipped her knee between Lauren's to hold her lover's legs apart. "I think somebody likes this," she husked, squeezing her hand again playfully.

Lauren bit her lip and nodded, turning her head and searching for Camila's lips with her own. "I do," she confessed, her words a hushed whisper as she strained to capture the brunette's lips in a kiss. She groaned loudly when Camila's mouth finally descended upon her own and she wasted no time seeking out the brunette's tongue to deepen their connection. Camila's hand squeezed her again and she whimpered as her hips bucked into the touch. "Jesus, Camz."

Camila hummed softly and pulled back to study her lover's face, her gaze dancing over Lauren's features, drinking in their classic beauty before becoming lost in her eyes. Her tongue swept over her lips as she watched the edge of desire in her lover's green eyes soften to a look of pure adoration that took her breath away. "You are so beautiful. I can't believe that you're mine," she whispered, smiling shyly when Lauren beamed back up at her.