Chapter 57

There is an art to dressing incognito and, as Lauren and the three Cabellos made their way out of the parking structure at Hollywood and Highland, Lauren offered up a silent prayer that she and Camila had done it correctly that day.

Because Leroy had wanted a total tourist outing, she'd decided to take the men up to the famous intersection that was the site of the famous El Capitan Theatre as well as the Kodak Theatre where the Academy Awards were held. The Grauman Chinese Theatre was also right there, and with the stars on the Walk of Fame, she figured it was about as Hollywood Tourist as one could possibly get.

Thankfully for them, it was so touristy during non-events, that she was fairly certain that there wouldn't be an abundance of paparazzi hanging about, and she was hopeful that they would be able to enjoy the afternoon together without the public milling about the crowded boulevard recognizing either her or Camila.

"This is awesome," Leroy murmured, obviously impressed as they stepped onto the wide sidewalk. He slipped his sunglasses over his eyes as he looked around the busy street and grinned. "This is just like in the movies! Or not," he added, as he spied a street performer in a full-on Bumblebee costume. "Why is there a Transformer on the sidewalk?"

Lauren laughed and nodded as she felt Camila's hand slip into her own. "Tourists, like yourself, like to have their pictures taken with them... for some reason, I totally don't understand."

"Well," Hiram drawled, looking past the bright yellow Transformer to another costumed person that caught his attention, "That one is pretty nice."

Camila frowned and followed her father's line of sight, and she laughed when she spotted what it was that he was talking about. There was a guy about twenty yards down the sidewalk dressed as a rather convincing Captain Jack Sparrow. "Daddy!"

Leroy chuckled as he noticed the man too. "You always have had a thing for Johnny Depp. Do you want to go take your picture with him?"

Lauren chuckled and turned to press a kiss to Camila's forehead. "I'm not going over there," she murmured.

"Me neither," Camila agreed, smiling as she squeezed Lauren's hand affectionately. "Dads, if you want to go, we'll follow at a discreet distance."

Hiram bounced excitedly and looked at Leroy with the biggest puppy-dog eyes Lauren had ever seen on anyone who wasn't Camila, and moments later the two men were walking down the sidewalk toward the performer. The two women, as promised, followed behind them, stopping about five yards away as Hiram and Leroy approached the man who looked so much like Johnny Depp that he could have been the actor's twin.

"That is so embarrassing," Camila chuckled as she watched her daddy wrap is arm around Captain Jack's waist and smile widely at the camera. Of course, it wasn't even two seconds later that a teenage girl walking by did a double-take looking at them and Camila knew that their cover was blown. "We've been made."

"I see that," Lauren answered softly, smiling at the young woman who was frozen beside them. The girl was looking at them like she was about to either scream or break into tears, and Lauren decided to say something to her before the girl made a scene. "Hello."

"I... hi! You're... and... I... oh wow," the kid stuttered, and before either Lauren or Camila could respond, she hurried down the sidewalk after her parents, who hadn't even realized that their daughter wasn't still right behind them.

Lauren chuckled and shook her head. "She was a cute kid."

"She was. Just remember that you're an engaged woman now," Camila replied, leaning her head onto Lauren's shoulder.

"Verry, Verry happily engaged," Lauren murmured, smiling contentedly as she pressed a lingering kiss to Camila's forehead.

"Ready to go, girls?" Leroy called out as Hiram finally left the Captain Jack wanna-be alone and returned to his husband's side.