Chapter 11

Camila took the bottled water Lauren offered her and sat back onto the couch in the raven-haired woman's trailer. The final take of their first kiss scene had gone in the can about fifteen minutes ago, and now, after changing back into their street clothes, it was time for them to have their talk. Problem was, she had no idea where to start. It was not like she could just come out and tell Lauren that she had been dreaming of her for years. That she woke up, more often than not, trembling with an orgasm dream Lauren had given her. No, that was most certainly out of the question. But what should she say? I liked kissing you and I want to do it more? That would be the truth, never mind how easy it would make her sound, but it was not everything. Yes, when she looked at Lauren she wanted nothing more than to kiss her again, but there was more—more that she did not fully understand yet.

Lauren was facing a similar problem as she pulled bottled water for herself out of the refrigerator. She knew that she and Camila needed to talk about what had happened between them on set, but she did not know where to start. She did not want to just lay everything out and risk scaring Camila off. It was one thing to secretly lust after a woman for years, it was quite another to come right out and tell her that. And Camila was not making finding the right words easy, either. Camila with her flushed cheeks, kiss-swollen lips, and messy hair that was a picture-perfect example of the indescribably sexy look that women got after they had been bedded certainly was not helping her find the words she knew she needed to say.

She sighed as she dropped heavily onto the couch beside Camila, facing the wall opposite them rather than the woman she desired because she found it easier to think when she was not looking at her. "Interesting scene, huh?"

"Very interesting," Camila agreed softly as she fiddled with the cap on her water. "I don't know where to start, to be honest. That was..."

Amazing. Earth-shattering. Perfection. The best kiss of my life, Lauren thought as she waited for Camila to finish her thought.

"... god, Lauren. It was amazing," Camila sighed.

Lauren smiled and reached out to take Camila's hand into her own. She lifted Camila's hand to her lips and pressed a soft kiss to her knuckles. "I've been dreaming about that kiss for years," she whispered softly, watching Camila out of the corner of her eye to see her reaction.

And Camila did not disappoint. The brunette's jaw fell open as she turned to fully look at Lauren. "Really?"

Lauren nodded. "Really. Since, oh, I'd say the junior year, or thereabouts. That was when I started to realize that what I felt for you wasn't hatred, that I actually really liked you and hated myself for wanting you like I did. You were a beauty even then, with your mouth-wateringly short skirts and hideously god-awful sweaters."

"My skirts weren't that short," Camila argued the one point she could because, looking back at herself in high school, even she had to admit that her sweaters were not the most fashionable.

Lauren grinned and shook her head. "They absolutely were, and God bless you for it, Camila Cabello."

Camila blushed at the warmth in the woman's tone. "I wish I'd known you felt that way."

"Would it have made a difference?"

"I don't know," Camila sighed. "But I would like to think so, yes. I really enjoyed kissing you tonight. I...almost feel cheated about it."

Lauren's brow furrowed in confusion, even though she had thought something similar to herself before they'd begun shooting. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, no. It's nothing like that," Camila said quickly. "You were perfect. It's just... I'm attracted to you, Lauren. Like, really attracted to you. And I feel cheated because our first kiss wasn't really ours."