Chapter 19

The dishwasher closed with a quiet click as Lauren turned to look across the great room at Camila who was swaying lightly and singing softly to the music that was pouring from the speakers tucked into the ceiling as she looked out the window, watching the sunset. She dried her hands off on a dishtowel and tossed it carelessly onto the oversized island before she padded quietly across the large space to wrap her arms around the brunette's waist, and looked out upon the ocean as well. The usual evening fog had yet to roll in, so the sky was remarkably clear and awash with color – reds, oranges, yellows, and indigos – and the sun was burning a hot white stripe through the water that grew smaller and smaller as it sank beneath the horizon.

Camila smiled as she felt Lauren's arms slide around her waist and she relaxed into the taller woman, enjoying the closeness that came from just being held. "It's beautiful."

"It is. Not as beautiful as you, however," she murmured as she brushed her lips over Camila's ear.

A light shiver rolled down Camila's spine at Lauren's touch. "I'd say that that line was incredibly corny, but I liked it."

Lauren grinned and nipped at the brunette's neck. "I thought you might."

"Are you always so cocky?" Camila asked playfully. She frowned in confusion when she was only answered with a low, rumbling laugh and the woman's face buried in her shoulder. "What?"

Lauren shook her head and laughed. "I can't. It's too easy."

"What's too easy?"

Lauren closed her eyes and took a deep breath, holding it in until she was finally able to calm herself. "Nothing, Camila. Really."

Camila pouted and turned in Lauren's arms so she could look at the raven-haired woman. "Tell me."

Lauren relaxed her hold and rolled her eyes as she nodded. "Fine. I was going to make a poorly timed lesbian joke."

"About?"

Lauren bit the inside of her cheek to keep from laughing again because she could tell that Camila honestly didn't see the double meaning possible in her comment. "I'm not-" she smiled and took Camila's right hand and slid it down her body until the brunette's hand was pressed against her fly "-cocky." She watched as brown eyes widened in understanding and groaned when Camila's hand began rubbing against her.

"I must say, I'm rather glad you're not," Camila murmured, her hand slipping lower to cup the blonde fully as she leaned in and captured her lips in a deep, lingering kiss.

Lauren groaned as Camila's middle finger pressed into her clit. "Really?" she husked as her hips rolled into the brunette's touch.

"Mmm." Camila nodded as she began a steady motion of massaging Lauren through her jeans. "Yes. Making love with you is so much better than it was with anyone who had-" she pressed up hard into Lauren again "-that particular appendage. I've definitely been missing out."

Lauren smiled and pulled Camila's hand away from her crotch. Serious green eyes stared curiously into open brown as she lifted the brunette's hand to her lips and pressed a soft kiss to it. "Really?"

"Really," Camila confirmed, winking at Lauren as she ran the fingers of her left hand up the flat of Lauren's stomach. "I love how soft your skin is, your curves," she murmured, her eyes dropping to follow her hand as it made slow circuits around Lauren's right breast.

Lauren bit her lip as she, too, dropped her gaze to watch what Camila was doing.

"The way your body responds to me," Camila continued her mini-dissertation as she brushed her thumb over Lauren's hidden nipple, drawing a quiet whimper from her lover's lips. "The sounds you make when I touch you – quiet, feminine, breathy – are so fucking sexy that I find myself always wanting to touch you so I can hear them again."