Noticing a change

⚠️Warning ⚠️:  implied cutting, self sacrifice, cursing, blood. 

Let me know if I missed some!! 

Shuichi's POV

I looked at the little liar, hints of the week of hiding showing. His eyes had large bags under them, sloppily covered with some concealer from the MONOMONO coin machine. He must have requested it from it like I had.

His hair was less bouncy than usual and his hair was sticking out in sport, not as calm in a way. His eyes looked duller than usual and his words held no flair, he didn't even make his grand entrance we all waited for, for the past week. Nothing was normal. And then he said it. He told me something I was half expecting. He didn't want my help... or even for me to be his friend.

"Shuichi don't." he breathed out. "Don't even try to be my 'friend' i don't need those in this game. In this game it's kill, or be killed. Not everyone will live, and you can't stop it. No one can but the mastermind themself." That's when it hit me, he was planning to use himself as a victim to draw the mastermind out. A smart move in my opinion, but at the cost of his life... he can't do it, i won't allow it.

"Kokichi stop. You can't use yourself as a victim. It wont work, the mastermind will see through it and won't fall for it.'' I say, he turns around and faces me fully.

"....what?" he says coldly. "You actually guessed what I was gonna do. Guess you really are a detective after all."

He turns too walk away, but I quickly grab his hand, no his wrist and watch him as he yelps. "Let go!" he yelps, pulling on his wrist.

"Kokichi stop."

"Let go!" He yelps again, this time i see slight pink going around the spot of my hand, i quickly let go.

"I'm gonna go." he states before starting to run, but tripping again on his straps hanging off his pants.

"Apparently yo-you're not." I say stuttering as I look at the little amount of blood on my hands.

"Yeah yeah. Curse at me whatever I don't care about. I'm leaving." he stands up and walks back to the dorms, leaving me in silence.

No way he actually did it. s=no way he started up his old habit. The old habit we both had. No way he also started it up again... no way that he did.... Or is it possible?

Kokichi's POV

Well goddamn it. I messed up big time.

He knows about my sacrifice plan, i don't honestly know how. He Also saw the blood. He saw the stupid blood from my wrists when he grabed the cuts. Stupid dectecive. Why did it have too me that he was always after? Why did he want to know about me? Is it his pregame self showing? Or just him wanting too help? Either way I hated it, and when I hated something... I tend to avoid it. Just like I do with peop-things i love. I try to avoid it. Except for Phanta. That i never can avoid! I mean, monkuma gave a minifridge full of it! And it never seems to run out! That's what i mostly lived off anyway for the week i was in my room. Just phanta!

And that's all I need.

The next day, shuichi's POV

I woke up to the sound of the bells ringing and the 4 monotubs doing the weird announcements. Of course one kept rushing, momonosuke i think? He did both the morning and night time announcements. Weird. I walked outside and didn't see anyone. Of course Kokichi probably ran ahead or just wasn't going at all again, but that's besides the point.

I walk into the cafeteria, Kirumi running around and placing dishes on the table. I do ask if she needs help and she just declines politely.

"I propose a magic show! Atua wants to see Himiko's Power!" Angie shouts, Tenko nods enthusiastically.

"I agree! That would be so much fun to brighten the mood!"

"Ehhhhhhhh, magic shmagic. Who caarrreeessss!?" Kokichi says, entering the room.

"Nyeh. Of course he doesn't care." Himiko sighs.

"Don't say that! Hes just an idiotic Degenerate! Never listen to the males! They are all stupid!" Tenko says, raising her arms in defense of Himiko.

"Oh gods! I'm sooooo scared!" he grins. "Nee-hee hee! Anyway, I just came to get some eggs! Honestly too egg this place." he pauses seeing my face. "God it was a lie, no need to glare at me mister detective!" he says feigning his fright.

"I'm not... nevermind." I sigh. Turning away from the Smaller male.

"Whatever. I was just getting some food and LEAVING! Please don't follow me? Thank you!" he looks at me with small hints of 'don't come near me' in his eyes.

I sigh and turn back to my normal spot to find some food, french toast sticks too be exact, right in front of me. I thank Kirumi and sit down too eat, chatting with Kaito and maki all the while.

"Why does anyone bother with him? He just lies all the time and brings nothing to the group. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the next too go." Kaito exclaims after Kokichi seemingly left. "I mean come on, who would even miss him anyway?" I watch as kokichi steps back out of the kitchen and looks over at us. Yep Kaito spoke about him again, and of course he had to hear.

"Kaito... You really are a dumba*s." maki says quietly

"Eh? Wh- Oh." he looks over to the door and sees the purple headed boy walk out the door.

"God Kaito. Next time be more aware of your surroundings before talking about someone." Miu exclaims.

"Hey! You're one to talk with your... comments." he yells.

"Heee!!" She yells. Clearly not happy that he called her out.

"I mean it's true..."

"Not you too poochi!"

"I'm surrounded by Idiots...." Maki stands up and brings her plate to the counter and nods too Kirumi. "Take a break sometime today. Ok? Uh... it's an Order." she sighs awkwardly.

Kirumi Sighs and nods. Than turned around too get back too work.

I wish i could have stoped Maki's Kind words before. I wish, now looking back... i could have stoped that. Maybe than 2 more of us would have remained for a little longer.

THAT NIGHT

I had taken a Quick nap before i was suposed too meet Kat=ito for the 'Training.' as he called it. He never actually did things, but i could tell he enjoyed it anyway.

I hear a knocking on my door and open it, asuming too see Kaito. And i do! But hes standing there, looking out of his mind terrified and breathing hevily.

"Go-gonta - crazy! Kidnap everyone! P-people gone! HELP! RUN!!" he says out of breath. He runs away from my door and keeps going. That's when i see him. Out of the corner of my eye, i see Gonta Gokuhara. The seemingly Harmless man seething with rage and determination. That's when i knew somthing was really up. So of course i did the stupid thing. And ran out of my dorm. What made me do this? Adrenilane? Who knows. I just keep running and running untill i reach outside where i see Ryoma sitting there, looking around nervously.

"H-hes after you?" I ask.

"Yeah. hes looking for eveyone for an 'insect meet and great.' Terrifying i know." he sighs.

"What the heck is an insect meet and great?!" i yelp.

"No clue i just know-" he stops and looks behind me.

"Ryoma?"

"Ima... head out ok?" he says and quickly backs up. I look behind me and see gonta, running at me. And that's when i pass out. I don't even feel the impact.

Ok! Yay. Two chapters in a day! soo, as some may know, I have a oneshots book, I haven't posted any chapters yet, and I want some of you to comment ideas for the book in the comments! I'll use the ones I like the most, but sadly no smut. Honestly I can't write smut XD 

But yeah! Go comment an idea here or on the other one! It won't interf with this, and it won't be posted as much but still! 

Ok sorry bout my rant. But hope ya enjoyed!! -acid 💚

Scars define us (Kokichi X Shuichi)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें