𝐈

𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍.

"No, Clare

"No, Clare. I don't feel like going." I sighed in exhaustion. My boyfriend, Clarence, was trying to get me to go to the studio with him and I was tired from my tour I just finished almost a week ago.

I was known as, Queen Naija, an R&B artist, that blew up this year from making my song called 'Medicine' about my no good ex.

Clarence and his sister, Lee, my manager helped me get signed to Republic Records and soon after everything hit off.

"Please, Queen? It's a surprise!" Clare begged.

I thought for a minute.. if it was a surprise it will most likely be a very known artist that I can
work with.

"Fine. But on one condition!" I said as he smiled widely. "Massages for a week!"

"Bet!" He said giving me a quick kiss on the lips.

"I'm not playing, Lorenzo!" I said sternly giving him that glare.

"Damn. Ok!" He said as I squealed in excitement.

He grabbed my hand and we were out the door.

I loved New York City. I loved that it was so full of life and opportunity.

I loved the food, the culture, the way they dressed, and let's not forget the accents!

I moved here 2 years ago coming from Detroit after ending it off with my last toxic relationship.

Never again.

I told myself I was done with relationships until Clarence came around and stole my heart.

Clarence was more like my bestfriend/boyfriend. He played a huge role in my life.