𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍.

Its been an hour and they still haven't come back and that Roddy dude presence was annoying me.

I went to my contacts and dialed Clare number and it automatically went to voicemail. I then sent him a text twice but it wasn't saying it was delivered.

Ok..his phone might be dead.

I shook it off and went to my notes trying to finish this other song I made about Clarence.

"Yeah you're my distraction, Love our connection, I see so much when I look at you, You got potential..Time is essential
But I'ma take my time with you.. 'Cause you need it..You just need someone to keep it real with you.. And I see that I'ma be the one to plant that seed in you-"

I hummed trying to find some other words that I could put together.

He sighed in frustration. "Can you stop all that humming shit?" He asked as I rolled my eyes continuing on what I was doing.

I began typing words. "This is a studio, not a hood hangout spot."

He smacked his lips. "Hood? Something you don't know about."

I raised a brow pointing at him. "See that's where you're wrong buddy."

He chuckled in disbelief. "You? From the hood struggling? Please.. more like spoon fed."

I sat my phone down and looked at him. "That's the thing you don't know me, you just can't go by my appearance and personality. But to answer your statements, I went through a whole lot of struggle growing up."

My mother ran way from father because he expressed to her about taking me with him to his homeland, Yemen, a country in the southern end of Arabia in Western Asia, to be raised under Yemeni culture and she wasn't with all that.

I didn't even know my father biologically, he died a year ago before I could even meet him.

It was times my mother struggled to take care of me financially, It was always house to house and school to school in the hood since it was cheaper then.

At school, I couldn't wear what the other kids were wearing so I was teased but not only by that but my race and ethnicity as well.

I'm Arab and the fact that some kids had the nerve to make fun of it was beyond me.

Some kids were saying:

'Oh, since she Arab she gone get her family to blow up the school!'

'Go back to your country terrorist!'

'Oop, Taliban in the building!'

I been through so much as a kid and to say I wasn't mentally scarred by that was a lie.

I chuckled. "If I were to tell you my whole life story we would be in here for hours. But long story short I turned out to be the insecure broken Arab girl with anxiety."

His eyes widened a little. "Well, at least you didn't lie about the insecure part."

I frowned. "I didn't lie at all and who are you to go around judging people?"

He laughed shrugging. "I'm not judging shit, I just tell the truth to mfs that don't wanna hear it."

I was about to say something but everybody came in with bags of food while I sat there with a mug on my face.

I looked at Clarence and he was all smiles in Ariana's face. Then I looked at roddy and he was shaking his head smirking as I rolled my eyes getting back on my phone.

Patty sat next to me handing me a bag of food. "Yo, why you looking so mean..Who pissed you off?"

My eyes shifted to roddy as I took some fries out of my bag. "People think they know so much."

Then he had the nerve to laugh. I just shook my head and continued eating my food.

I looked back at Clarence and he was looking at me and Roddy weirdly. He then chuckled and continued eating his food.

What he do that for?

I wiped my hands with napkins. "Clare?"

He looked up. "What?"

I raised a brow. "Something wrong with your phone? I tried to call you."

"Nah, my shit was dead." He said as I nodded. I had a feeling but shook it off.

🧡

We were now in the car leaving the studio and Clarence had the nerve to have an attitude but I don't know why though. I should be the one mad.

I sighed. "Clarence, what's wrong?"

He smacked his lips. "Ain't shit wrong with me."

I turned in my seat facing him. "It has to be something wrong.. why you doing all that?"

He narrowed his eyes. "What I'm doing queen?"

I raised my voice cause now I was getting mad. "Being so extra!"

"Uh..is this a prank?" Patty asked as I turned around giving him the death glare. "Chill, my bad." He threw his hands up.

I turned back into my seat looking at Clarence. "We'll talk when we get in the house."

🧡

After that long ride of misery, we were finally at home. Now In the room.

I sat on the bed and began taking my shoes off. "So, what's your problem Clarence?"

He took his chains off sitting them in the case. "You and that short nigga got sum going on?"

I laughed and stopped unlacing my shoes. "So, that's what you mad about?"

His face went blank. "Answer my question."

I shook my head and continued unlacing my shoes. "Clarence, you sound so dumb right now, I just met the dude yesterday.
And I should be asking you the same about that girl Ariana."

He froze then continued doing what he was doing. "What about her?"

I chuckled getting up putting my shoes in the closet. "You hehe and haha'in in her face."

He smacked his lips brushing his waves. "Cause she said a joke."

I walked out of the closet and stood in front of Clarence. "But I saw the way you looked at her."

He sighed. "Here you go with this insecure shit."

I tilted my head. "INSECURE!? Clare, you came in the house at 4 yesterday."

He began putting his durag on. "Queen, I don't wanna hear this shit nomo."

"Of course you don't but I see what you on." I walked off getting some pajamas out of my drawer going to go take a shower.

🧡