2: Rules

Once I was out of the house, I looked behind me quickly to memorize every detail of where once was my home. 

A carriage was waiting for me at the front. I speed-walk so the king doesn't notice I was looking behind me. I go in the carriage sitting in front of the king, no one else is in here... just the two of us. 

I put my hands on my lap and I look down staying quiet. My parents have always told me to be quiet when you do not know what to do. 

The king clears his throat, I slowly look up.

"This is going to be a long ride and I am going to tell you everything you need to know, understood?" His tone and gaze are cold making me want to jump out of the carriage and run home.

"Understood, Your Majesty..."

"I am the king of werewolves." He stares at me emotionless. I try to control any possible facial expressions that could make him mad.

 King of werewolves?  Then can I be the princess of elves? 

He continues. "I am a werewolf, and you are just a simple human." I feel the urge to look away, but I don't give in even though my chest starts to hurt. "Apparently I have been mated to you, which is s disgrace for me but there is nothing I can do about it. You are not going to be the Queen nor anyone else will. I will rule alone. You are forbidden from getting out of the castle without my permission, talking to any male, distract me and disobey me; do not come to me, I will come to you if I feel like it. Your main task as my mate is to carry my heirs; for the rest, you are completely useless."

I look down, hiding my teary eyes. This man snatched my heart without me knowing it and now he's breaking it just as fast as he stole it.

"Understood..." I say loud enough for him to say.

I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from getting out of the house today.

We stay in silence. Hours go by painfully slow. Some bumps on the ground sometimes make me jump out of my seat from the impulse, I try my best to not be noisy and come back to my posture as soon as possible. 

The king doesn't say anything, he just stares outside the window which has a little space not covered by the curtains. I can say I am doing a good job of being quiet, not annoying him.

I can't stop but think about what he told me... do werewolves really exist? I have been missing a lot... I never thought they were real, I have read a lot about vampires and werewolves but I always thought they were not real at all... I am so confused. I can't convince myself he's playing with me; all the luxuries and expensive things he has... 

I wonder how he threatened my parents... Dad was mad and Mom was depressed. What did he tell them?

The carriage stops abruptly, almost making me fall on the King... almost...

"They never understand," The King said angrily before getting out of the carriage fast.

I peeked through the window to know what was happening. 

I can feel my blood leave my face as I see two big wolves ready to attack the King... the King never moves, he just stares at me with an intimidating look. 

My heart beats faster as I don't know what will happen next. 

One of the wolves finally moves, he throws himself at the King. I cover my mouth to muffle my gasp. The King stops the wolf from crashing with him with just one arm, Yoongi holds the wolf in front of him for a couple of seconds before he throws the wolf to one side; the wolf hits a tree harshly... the wolf doesn't move anymore. 

The other wolf stares at his unconscious partner, he stops paying attention to the King. The King walks towards the wolf, in one go he rips his neck; after that, the king goes to the unconscious wolf and does to same to it.

I look away from the window. I breathe heavily with my heart beating hard and fast. I breathe in and out slowly to calm myself as much as I can, I look down at my knees so I don't have to face the King. 

The King gets in the carriage and sits down as nothing has happened, I keep staring down terrified. 

If I was scared before, now...

I didn't believe anything he told me earlier but now... how can a man grab a big wolf by its collar without any trouble? That supernatural force makes me realize that he is not mad, perhaps I am losing my sanity fast, maybe my madness is making me see things that are not happening at all even though I'm almost sure I am seeing unreal things. I better be careful with this man if I want to get to old age... 

But now the thing is... Do I really want to keep living?

 Do I really want to keep living?