12: Town

In the distance, I can see the little human town that Hoseok said. It is a poor town but it is better than staying in the forest, in fact, it is better than everything except Jin's cabin.

I wonder how Jin, Hoseok, and Eunwoo are doing right now. I hope Yoongi didn't harm them, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if he did.

I enter the town, the first thing I see is children running happily while their mothers do housework. It takes about two minutes for everyone to notice me.

"Oh! Lady, is you okay?" A lady says with a strange accent for me.

Two women run towards me with worried looks, their eyes widened when they notice how expensive my clothes are but they don't say anything.

"What happened to you?" One of the women asks.

I decide to tell the truth with some alterations.

"I was kidnapped a while ago until now ...I have been able to scape," I say tired of life.

I never thought about escaping until now.

"Oh my! Come with me."

A woman drags me into her house, she makes me lay down in bed while she disappears.

"Don't worry my lady, you are safe here." She comes back with a rag.

I look down my exposed legs confused, I see a lot of cuts on them... well I guess I am lucky I didn't feel when they happened.

I try to stay awake but the last thing I know the woman is cleaning my cuts with delicacy before everything turns black.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

I wake up feeling well-rested. I look around, I find a clock that tells me is 9 a.m.

"You slept a lot!" James attacks me for being lazy.

"Shut up, I feel good." I stretch.

I sit on the bed for a couple of minutes not knowing what to do.

"Oh! You are finally awake." The same woman as early says with a smile. "You slept for almost an entire day." She giggles.

"Thank you so much for letting me sleep here." I stand up to bow at her.

She blushes. "Oh my lady, it was nothing, you needed to sleep, the breakfast is ready by the way."

"Thank you." I bow again.

I find my bag untouched at the corner of the room. Before I open it I look at myself in the mirror thinking if I should change or not.

"You should, you look like a witch and we don't need to scare everyone around."

I decide to listen to James. I change into a simple dress before putting the one I was wearing in the bag making sure to take Jin's photo out of the dress, I put it in the new one as a lucky charm. 

I get out of my room, the smell of food makes me go into a trance, I follow the smell to the kitchen.

The woman hands me a plate full of food.

"Thank you."

We sit down and start eating, I discreetly observe her features, they look similar to me. I stop to think for a few seconds until I finally understand.

"By any chance, won't you have someone in your family named Margaret?"

The woman looks up from her plate of food with widened eyes.

"Yes! she is my older sister."

My eyes widen. Margaret would sometimes talk about her little sister Rose Mary, I never thought I would meet her.

"Do you know her?" She asks excitedly.

"Yes, she is my second mother." Her jaw drops.

"Wait! Are you Joseon HeeYoung?!"

"Yes, that is me."

"Oh my! I can help you go back home!"

I think about it until I remember Hoseok's words.

"Whatever you do never return to where you grew up because once Yoongi gives up in finding you here he will go back there"

"No, if I return I will put them in danger..." I look down at the table sadly. "But, could I send a message with you?"

"Yes, whatever you need"

Once we finish eating I help her with the dishes, after that she gives me paper and a pen to write a letter to my family.

"Dear Mom, Dad, James, and Margaret.

I am doing better than before, things did not go well between Yoongi and me, I have escaped from him with the help of my friends. In my way to freedom, I have met Rose Mary, she has helped me a lot.

I miss all of you guys, I love you all so much.

I am sorry I will never see you guys again, I don't want to go there because Yoongi will be expecting it, I don't want to put any of you in danger.

I am going to move on from here and start a new life far away, where Yoongi can't find me.

Please take care

-HeeYoung"

I finish writing the note with tears running down my cheeks, I sign the letter at the end and I put the date at the top.

Before I leave, Rose Mary insists on giving me some food.

"If you follow the path you will be able to arrive at the next village." Rose Mary smiles sweetly at me.

"Thank you for everything Rose Mary."

"My pleasure Lady HeeYoung."

I wave to her with a smile, I turn around with a smile with James next to me.

"This is just starting," I say to James.

"I know, isn't it exciting?!" He says.

"Yeah sure." I laugh quietly trying to not look weird to the people in the town.

" I laugh quietly trying to not look weird to the people in the town

========

A/N- The next chapter is the last!!! I can't believe it

I'm so excited to write the last chapter and epilogue.