13: Fairy

The path between the cities in clear, something that I deeply appreciate.

Following Hoseok's instructions was horrible for me... knowing that if at some point I got disoriented I was lost. The forest I was in is already far from my location, the path is surrounded by trees but not at the forest level

"So... what is the plan now?" James kicks a rock in front of him.

"I haven't think about that," I say looking down trying to think.

I get lost in my thoughts while I walk forward.

What do I want to do now? I know I need to walk farther, I am still close enough for them to find me... but at some point, I will be able to stop going from town to town, and then what? I could play the piano in the next town so I can get a bit of money...

"The plan is to get money." I murmur.

A warm wind blows against my cheeks making me smile, I feel a calm that I don't even believe.

 I would love to return to the castle with Yoongi and give him all my love but I'm terrified of him now. I wish he didn't reject me at all.

 All the time I was in the castle I saw him a few times, in each of them he looked at me with hatred... now I wonder what I could change so that he could love me.

"Oh, look who is here."

I come back to reality, I look up finding two tall men looking at me as prey, their eyes are red as blood and their smiles are evil, they are not humans.

"Fairies do a better job at finding humans missing than anyone else," One of them says with a smirk.

"Fairies?!" James' eyes widen in awe.

I freeze in my place, my heart starts beating so fast that I feel like it's going to come out of my chest.

"Anyways the king is close and our job is done, call him Jack."

Before they can move I scream my lungs out, the fairies also scream in pain covering their ears. I run as fas as I can remembering what Jin told me to do.

 "Run as fast as you can and never look back, just run."

I run to who knows where. I took the path through the trees to my right, I want to look back but I know that will make me lose speed.

"Did you heard that?" A voice says.

 I quickly change the direction I was running, now I run towards the village I was originally going to.

"They must have caught her!" A familiar voice says worriedly.

It is Jin.

While I keep running I collide with someone. I gasp scared.

"HeeYoung!" Jin whisper-screams.

"Jin?"

"Come on, let's go they are close." Jin takes my hand and starts running in terror. I take big steps to keep up with his speed.

"I can smell her from here..." Yoongi says in the distance.

That's when I know that it is too late. He is going to find me with Jin trying to help me.

"Jin, go your own way!"

"What! No!" He protests.

"Jin, he's going to find you trying to help me!"

"Don't worry about me! The worst part will go for you!"

Without having an option, I jank my hand out of Jin's grip. I run away from him now.

"Jin, get her!" A desperate Yoongi speaks.

I run even faster, I look everywhere trying to see a route of scape, I was right about running away from Jin, Yoongi still thinks he is on his side.

Someone shoves me hard making me fall, a wolf hovers above me. I look at the wolf, his eyes are golden... the only wolf that can have golden eyes is a king.

I breathe hard, I don't struggle with Yoongi to get him to trust me, once he gets away from me I throw my bag to his face distracting him long enough so I can get up and run, he won't catch me without first fighting.

With the last energy I have left, I run for my life.

"You can run all you want, but you'll never get away from me!" Yoongi says in my head once he starts to run again.

He is the only real person that can talk in my head because he is my mate...

"I don't care, I will at least try!" I yell without looking back.

"Run HeeYoung RUN!" James says as he looks back.

But he is me so we both don't know how close Yoongi is from me...

My lungs hurt and my legs are about to give up from running so much, after all, I have never had such good physical condition that we can say. I am surprised how I have been running all this time without collapsing, guess adrenaline is magic.

"Here you are, you harlot." A fairie flies in front of me.

I stop on my tracks immediately scared of him. 

The fairy starts to laugh devilishly. He gets some powder out of his pocket and blows it to my face.

"Ops! I used way too much, sorry not sorry!" That is the last thing I hear before everything goes black.

A warmth surrounds my body, none of my senses work anymore, the only thing I can focus on is in unite with the darkness

A lot of memories pass through my eyes, each one erasing after I see them. All my life goes through my mind before disappearing forever.

Without knowing who I am or where I am, I give up, the darkness completely envelops me...