chapter five

Jensen

"Well Miss Ames, looks like you fractured a few of your knuckles. Would you like to tell me what happened?" The doctor was reviewing his notes as he asked me this.

"Some guy inappropriately grabbed my sister and when I asked him nicely to leave he chose not to so I chose to punch him in the nose." I stated, just wanting to get the hell out of this hospital.

"Oh well...yeah, okay, I guess that's fair. I'll get your discharge paperwork." I laughed at his reaction. They'd placed a cast on my hand, saying I couldn't work for four weeks which I wasn't going to follow. They also gave me pain medication to take at home so I guess a positive did come out of this. I'd told Harry to wait in the car while I went in and he didn't fight me on it which seemed really strange for him.

"Okay Miss Ames, here's your discharge information. No lifting, no working, and no alcohol while on your painkillers. It's also noted in here that....you probably shouldn't punch anyone in the nose again." She looked at me and then the notes again before putting on a fake smile and sending me on my way.

I had left my phone in Harry's car to charge so I was hoping he'd be in the same spot he was before, which luckily, he was. I hopped in his car, telling him to get a move on. He took one look at my orange cast and gave me a toothy grin.

"What's the verdict?" He asked me, his eyes never leaving the road. "Also orange?"

"Broken knuckles," I mumbled, "And yes, orange. What's your issue with orange?" I grabbed my phone off his charger, texting my dad the news and telling Reese I was on my way home.

"You seemed to have a problem with my orange shorts," He gestured at his legs, "But yet you got an orange cast. Interesting." He smirked, not looking at me but I could tell because of his damn dimple.

"For the record, I had a problem with your outfit, I said nothing about your short color." I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest. I rubbed my tired eyes, leaning against the leather seat.

"Urm, I don't know where we're going." He bit his lip as he sat at the stoplight. I gave him directions until we pulled up at my apartment. I grabbed my purse off the floor, handing him a twenty for gas. He shook his head at me.

"Seriously, dude? Just take my money." He smiled at me, shaking his head again. I shoved the money at him, scoffing as I unbuckled myself.

"Consider this a favor from a friend." He threw the money back at me, smiling sincerely. I closed my eyes, pinching my nose in frustration.

"One, were not friends," I held up one fingers and then two, "Two, I don't do favors. Take. My. Damn. Money." I left the money in the seat as I jumped out of the car. "But thank you!"

And with that I bolted up to the apartment, making sure Harry hadn't followed me. When I realized the coast was clear, I unlocked the door, being sure to lock it behind me. I leaned back against it, closing my eyes.

"Who are you running from?" Reese laughed at me, holding a laundry basket in her hands. I smiled at her.

"No one." I sighed, setting my purse and keys down. I sat at the kitchen counter, opening my pain killers.

"Broken knuckles huh?" Reese had my hospital papers now, reading all the information. "Should refrain from punching people?" She laughed as she read it. "I hope you didn't agree to that?"

"Course not, dummie." I ruffled her hair a bit, making her smack my arm away. "Aren't you supposed to be studying?"

"Just finished and I finished the laundry. Dishes are all yours. Night sis." She kissed my cheek before walking off to her bedroom.

"Sweet dreams!" I shouted back, hearing her door close. I sat at the counter for a bit longer, head in my hands after such a long day. Just as I was getting up, my phone went off.

You'll be my friend eventually! -H

That shithead. He got my phone number from my phone while I was in the hospital. I groaned, throwing my phone at my bed. I jumped in the shower, putting a plastic bag over my hand. Washing my hair with my right hand was not fun considering I was left handed, but I somehow managed it. I threw on underwear and a large t-shirt, not worried about letting my damp hair dry completely.

I hugged my pillow close to my chest, falling to sleep quickly after taking the pain killers.

************

"Ryan, stop!" I screamed at him, causing him to turn, his angry eyes meeting mine. He charged at me, grabbing my throat.

"Or what? What are you going to do about it Jensen?" He cackled, his face so close to mine. I took the opportunity to knee him in the balls. He let me go, both of us falling to the ground. I was gasping for air, my throat throbbing.

I tried to run but every door I went through lead me back here. My screams filled the air, I screamed for help until my throat was raw.

"No one is going to help you, princess." Ryan was back up, charging at me once more. He punched me in the gut, making me fall to my knees. He smirked above me.

"You're mine now!" He shouted, winding his arm back and just as it almost hit me in the face-

"JENSEN!" I jumped at the sound of my sister's voice. Everything came into view slowly. I wasn't with Ryan, I was safe in my apartment with Reese. I felt as if I could finally breathe. Reese climbed into bed with me, hugging me tightly as sobs raked through my chest.

"It was just a dream, J. Ryan isn't here and he's not coming back." Reese soothed me, holding me close to her. These nightmares were becoming a weekly thing and I wished more than anything that the memories would have disappeared with him.

///////////

I'm liking this story way better guys i'm sorry for stopping the last one