chapter fourteen

Jensen

I couldn't tell you how many rounds of shots Harry had ordered or how many drinks I'd knocked back. All I knew was I was having fun, letting loose. Harry, the band, and I moved to the dance floor after some time, all of us showing off our horrible dance moves.

I leaned my head back, feeling the music as I shook my hips, my hands moving into my hair. I felt a strong grasp on my hip, causing me to turn, noticing an equally drunk Harry grinning at me.

"You look absolutely stunning tonight babe." Harry whispered in my ear, his voice barely audible over the loud bass thumping through the club.

"And you're drunk Harold." I laughed, still swaying my hips to the music. "Dance with me!" I grabbed his hand, laughing as he tried to shake his hips to the music.

"What? Am I not doing it right?" He asked, making my laugh harder. I shook my head, grabbing his hips and moving them along to the beat. He tried to focus on the motion and I brought my arms up and around his neck. Our faces were close together now, the scent of alcohol and mint evident on Harry's breath.

"I think you're drunk too love." His warm breath fanned over my face as he said it. I gave him a lazy smile. He was right, I was drunk but I knew what I was doing. I leaned my head on his shoulder, feeling his arms wrap around my lower back. We swayed to the music, both of us just living in the moment.

"Harry, we're gunna head back mate, you guys gunna be okay?" Mitch yelled over the music and I felt Harry nod. I looked over Harry's shoulder, waving at the band as they left. I felt so natural with all of them, so in place that it was scary. I didn't know what was happening to me.

"You want to head back love?" I looked at him, nodding. He reached in his pocket, grabbing his phone as I moved my arms down to my sides. "James is going to be outside any minute, let's go." He grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers together. I know I was drunk, but this felt right.

We hopped into the car, James speeding away from the club quickly. I laid my head in Harry's lap, feeling my eyelids getting heavy. Harry's fingers played in my hair as he sang softly. I felt my breathing even out as we stopped. Harry thanked James before both of us got out of the car.

"This is not my apartment." I noted, hiccuping as Harry pulled me inside the building.

"Good observation, Jensen." He chuckled, unlocking the door, "I figured you wouldn't want to wake your sister since it's now 4AM and she said she had a test tomorrow." I nodded at his logic, knowing I was in no state of mind to argue with him.

"Harry, I don't have any clothes." I whined, wanting nothing more than to crawl into bed and pass out. He smiled at me, that stupidly cute smile that got stuck in my mind constantly. He started walking to his room and I followed.

He rummaged around in his dresser, throwing me one of his t-shirts and a pair of shorts. I thanked him before going to his bathroom to change. I washed my make up off as well, leaving me fresh faced as my bare feet padded along the hardwood floor back into Harry's room.

He stood with his back to me, only a pair of gray sweatpants hanging low on his hips. I licked my lips at the sight of his back, every inch of his skin tanned and smooth. I wanted to run my hands along his skin. He turned, grinning at me. His eyes looked less glossy as he grabbed a few pillows and blankets.

"I'll be in the living room if you need me, love. You know where the Advil and cups are when you wake up." He started walking out of the room.

"Wait!" I shouted, causing Harry to turn back around with a confused look on his face. I bit my lip, running my hand through my hair.

"Will you, uhm, can you, I mean if you want to, you can sleep in here." Harry's lips broke into a small smile as he noticed my nervousness.

"You sure babe?" I liked him calling me babe. I liked him calling me love too. I nodded, watching him walk back into the room and climb into bed. I followed, instantly moving over to him.

"Don't make a big deal out of this." I stated, finding my sass once more. I felt his chest vibrate as he chuckled at my words.

"Of course not." He wrapped his arms around me as I felt myself drifting off to Harry's sweet voice.

*********

"You can't just leave Jensen. That's not how this works." Ryan spit the words at me.

"I have to go Ryan! My dad needs my help. I moved here for you but my family comes first always, you know that." I shouted, fresh tears streaming down my face.

"No! I come first!" Ryan slammed me against the wall, my head bouncing off the hard surface. He held my wrists too tightly above my head, his raging eyes boring into mine.

"Ryan, let me go. Please let me go." He slammed me into the wall again. "LET ME GO!"

"Jensen? Jensen wake up!"

********

"Jensen! Please wake up baby!" I shot up, screaming for Ryan to let me go. I brushed the wetness from my cheeks, my hands shaking at the memory.

"Jensen, it was a dream." I nodded, remembering where I was and who I was with. Harry. Harry would never do that to me.

Fresh tears ran down my cheeks. I climbed into Harry's lap, wanting nothing more than to be close to him in this moment. He held me, rocking me like a small child, whispering in my ear that it was okay and that he was here.

After what seemed like hours, I finally stopped shaking, the fear leaving my body once again. Harry never stopped talking to me and he never let go. He leaned back, leaving me on his chest, my arms wrapped around his neck.

"You're okay Jensen, you're safe with me baby." He kissed the top of my head, my heart squeezing at his kind gestures and words. I finally fell asleep to the sound of Harry's heartbeat in my ear.

/////////

Aww and also yikes, more secrets revealed here soon

Vulnerable (Book One) Complete! जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें