chapter twenty two

Jensen

     "Harry Styles has recently been seen around LA with none other then Jensen Ames, the girl from the Forum concert. Neither have confirmed a relationship but hopefully we'll hear more from Harry tonight on the Late Late Show with James Corden. We'll be right back with more news after the break!"

     It'd been exactly two weeks since the release party. Harry and I had spent every spare moment we had together and I could honestly say that I'd never been happier. We'd gone on ice cream dates, gone out with the band, had movie nights with my sister. It was all so exciting and new and I was still extremely scared that it'd all get messed up somehow. That maybe Harry would decide in the next moment that he didn't want me around anymore.

     "Is he going to confirm it to the world tonight J?" My dad came up beside me, eyes focused on the tv as he dried the glass in his hand.

     "I guess that's up to him right?" I bit the inside of my cheek, running a hand through my hair. "I mean, I told him he could."

     "Are you ready for that kiddo? I trust and support your decisions by all means but you know this is going to change things for you." I sighed, feeling tears form in my eyes. I'd been extremely emotional lately, thinking about all the changes that would arise with this decision. But I'd made this decision the moment Harry came into my life and I knew that I was absolutely sure about it. That didn't mean I wasn't nervous though.

     "I'm nervous, I'm so nervous of being in the eye of the media." I chuckled nervously, turning to look at my dad, "But, I think Harry's worth it, despite all my worries and doubts." My dad smiled at my words, wrapping me in a hug.

     "I'm glad to see you so happy J, you of all people deserve it." Tears started spilling from my eyes when I had heard my dads voice break. We were both holding each other, crying happy tears. I pulled away laughing, wiping my eyes.

     "Thanks for making me cry, you jerk." I chuckled, making my dad laugh along with me. "But at least you're crying too, doesn't make me feel so bad."

     "I don't cry, these are my allergies." I shook my head and rolling my eyes. He pretended to sneeze a few times before we opened the doors for the day.

***********

     "J, it's starting!" I ran from my bedroom, pulling Harry's sweatshirt over my head and getting my head stuck in the arm hole momentarily.

     "Dammit!" I shouted as I finally fixed it, plopping down on the couch next to Reese. She moved the popcorn between us as I reached in for a handful.

     "Thank you all so much for joining us tonight!" James Corden announces before going into recent news segments. I bit my lip, tapping my foot on the ground, awaiting the moment Harry came on the screen.

     "J, whatever happens, you know I'll always be here to support you. And I'll fight every internet bitch that says Harry deserves better because I know damn well my sister is the best." I smiled, grabbing my sisters hand and squeezing it. She put up a fist, making me laugh and shake my head.

     "I love you, you dork." I ruffled her hair a bit as she grabbed a handful of popcorn from the bucket, throwing it at me. I gave her a fake look of shock before throwing one back at her. She managed to catch a piece in her mouth, smirking at me triumphantly as she chewed it.

     "Alright, everyone please welcome my good friend, Mr. Harry Styles!" Our eyes were both instantly focused on the screen as I watched Harry walk on to the stage, a huge grin on his face as he waved to the fans in the audience who were shouting and clapping. He wore a pin striped suit, the coat crossing over him, buttoned completely. His hair had been styled and yet I could tell he had been running his hand through it nervously. He really was a sight for sore eyes. He shook hands with James as he took a seat in one of the chairs.

     "Thanks for coming on the show mate!" James announced once the crowd quieted down.

     "Thanks for having me James." He sat with his legs crossed, hands resting on his knee. I felt myself tapping my foot against the floor again.

     "So you've been quite busy right? With the new album and all the interviews and traveling." Harry nodded after his words, bringing his fingers to his lips. "You're going on tour here soon as well."

     "Yes, the tour starts in a couple months here. I will have a nice break though, the tour starts here in April." Harry's face was serious as he spoke and I knew he was waiting for the question just as anxiously as I was.

     "You know I have to ask you right? About the girl. About this lovely lady right here." My photo popped up on a screen behind Harry and James. It was of me, the night of the premiere party, in my red dress, holding Harry's hand and smiling up at him. 

     Harry turned his attention back to the cameras, a huge grin plastered on his face. I couldn't hide the one creeping along my lips.

     "Jensen." My name slipped through Harry's lips, making my heart stop in my chest. This was it, the moment I had been waiting for all day.

     "Yes, Jensen Ames. You two have been spending an awful lot of time together. Care to elaborate on that?" James smiled at Harry, awaiting his answer.

     "Jensen is quite a special person in my life. She never fails to amaze me, each and every day. And I mean, look at the photo right there," He pointed behind him, "I'd say I'm a pretty lucky lad."

     "So are you confirming a relationship here, Harold?" Reese grabbed my hand again, both of us on the edge of our seats, waiting for Harry's response.

     "I'm quite excited to say that I am off the market. Jensen is my girlfriend and I'm quite bloody proud of it." Reese looked at me, eyes wide. I felt like the room was spinning, tears welling in my eyes.

     "Well you heard it here first folks, Harry Styles is off the market!" James turned to Harry, "I can tell you're really happy with this one mate, I'm happy for you."

     "Thank you, James. I am quite happy these days," Harry's grin never left his face as he looked back at the photo of me once more.

"Right after the break, Harry will be performing one of his new songs off his new album Fine Line. We'll be right back!"

Reese squealed beside me, yanking me off the couch as she played "Watermelon Sugar" on her phone. We were both dancing and singing along to the lyrics.

The world now knew that Harry was mine and that I was his. For once, I wasn't thinking about the consequences or the repercussions. I was living in the moment. I was completely and utterly in a state of bliss.

/////////

i love this chapter, it makes my heart happy