chapter twenty

Jensen

Reese and I stood in my room, both staring at the box that now lay on my bed.

"He just dropped it off, saying to give it to me?" I looked at Reese who nodded. She had told me when I got home from getting my cast off that Harry had come by and told her this box was for me and to not let me back out. I was a little scared to open it.

"You've been staring at this box for like fifteen minutes dude, you gunna open it?" Reese was getting impatient. I sighed, lifting the lid of the white box. On top of yellow tissue paper was a note.

Jensen,

I know that you debated on even
opening this box so congrats on getting
past the first step! So here's the plan,
you're going to put on what is in this box,
do your hair and make up and a car will be
at your apartment at 6:30pm. I can't wait
to see you tonight!

xx Harry xx

"Nope, not doing this. I hate surprises and he knows it. Whatever this plan is, he knew I'd say no to so it's a trick." I walked into my bathroom, turning on the shower. Reese was following me.

"J, I promised Harry that you wouldn't back out. Please don't make me break that promise." I narrowed my eyes at her. She was playing me and she knew it. She knew I couldn't say no to her. She bat her eyes at me, trying to look innocent.

"There's really no getting out of this, is there?" I sighed, watching Reese shake her head and clap her hands together in excitement. I shook my head, kicking her out so I could shower.

Whatever this was, I was going to hate it. Harry knew I hated surprises and he knew that whatever this plan of his was that I would say no to it. So instead, he tricked and guilted me. I grunted, getting out of the shower and wrapping a towel around me.

I walked back into my room, standing in front of the box, my lip caught between my teeth. I moved the tissue paper, pulling out the red fabric. It was a long, red dress with a deep v cut. The waist was cinched in and the bottom opened into a large slit that would come up to mid thigh. Thin straps would be the only thing holding it onto my body. Under the dress were black heels. It was all so beautiful.

     "Holy shit." I whispered to myself, then yelling for Reese to come in. She ran into my room, her eyes bulging at the dress as well.

     "Holy shit J, what does he have planned?" We both looked at each other in shock. Whatever he had planned, I didn't want to go. Don't get me wrong, the dress was beautiful but he wouldn't just have me wear this to anything. Whatever this event was, it was important enough for me to dress up.

     "Reese, this is a bad idea." I sat on the bed, my head in my hands. I reached for my phone, clicking Harry's name, only for it to go straight to voicemail. That arrogant son of a bitch. He knew I'd try to back out, he knew it and that's why he shut his phone off.

     "That it may be but considering Harry isn't answering, I don't think you have a choice," She looked down at her watch, her eyes widening once again, "And you only have an hour to get ready so you better hustle and I'm going to help you."

**********

     Somehow, Reese and I had gotten me ready with ten minutes to spare. She finished zipping up the dress as I fastened on the heels. I turned to look at her, watching her slap her hand over her mouth and tears well in her eyes.

     "Oh my god J, you look so beautiful. Turn around and look!" She grabbed my shoulders, turning me to face the mirror. I gasped, the girl in the mirror looking so different from my usual reflection.

     Reese had curled my dark hair, parting it in the middle, the waves cascading past my shoulders. I'd done my make up, going for a more natural look with neutral colors and a bright red lip. The dress somehow fit me perfectly, hitting me in all the right places. Reese was right, I looked beautiful.

"You have exactly three minutes until the car shows up and you know Harry is never late so you better get a move on." Reese ushered me out the door, handing me her small black clutch. "You have to give me ALL the details later!"

"You got it! Stay out of trouble and text me if you need anything!" She nodded, telling me she loved me before shoving me out the door. I made it down the stairs just in time to see Harry's Range Rover pull up. Oh, he was so going to hear it from me.

I opened the door, fully expecting to see Harry in the drivers seat but finding Sarah who's mouth and eyes were wide open. I gave her a funny look as Clare popped her head in between the seats, giving me a whistle.

"Harry is going to lose it when he sees you." Clare shook her head as I buckled in, still extremely confused as to why they were picking me up.

"Where's Harry? And do you guys know what's going on?" I looked over at Sarah, noticing she was dressed up as well. At least whatever was happening, these two would be with me.

"So, we're not supposed to tell you where we're going or what we're doing but since I know you hate surprises and being the center of attention, which by the way, might be difficult to avoid in that dress, I'm going to tell you what's happening." Sarah gave me a sympathetic smile before turning her attention back to the road.

"Oh thank god." I let out a sigh of relief, my anxiety dropping a tad at the fact that I'd finally know what was going on.

"So erm we're going to Jeffery's for a party to celebrate Harry's new album being released last week." I hugged, almost full out laughed at her statement. I started shaking my head.

"Of course. He knew I would have said no to this so that's why he sent you two, to keep me guessing and then when I got here, I wouldn't have a choice. That sneaky bastard." I was mad, no I was livid. I didn't like surprises and I especially didn't like this one.

"Well ladies, let's get this over with." I hopped out of the car, planning on heading straight for the liquor as soon as I entered the door. I was going to need it.

///////

filler?? but the next chapter should be great