chapter twenty seven

Harry

It'd been a whole week since I'd gotten back from London which meant it'd been a whole week since Jensen's assault. The bruises on her neck had mostly faded, only a few shades of yellow still scattered along her skin. Her voice was back as well and so was the sass.

We'd been inseparable for the past week. I knew Jensen was going to have a hard time keeping busy without work so I did my best to keep her occupied. I had a few interviews, which she came to, but other than that, I had no other plans. We'd gone bowling and to the arcade. I made Jensen watch The Notebook, my favorite, and she made me watch Ten Things I Hate About You, her favorite. She'd never admit it but I know she loved my movie choice.

Today, we were sitting in the living room of my apartment. I was playing around on my guitar with a melody that had popped into my head. Jensen lay sideways in my chair, head rested against one arm rest and her legs dangling from the other. Her long, dark waves cascaded over the side, almost touching the ground.

She wore her glasses as she read one of her many crime books. Her bottom lip was caught between her teeth as her eyes moved back and forth, invested in the words along the page. She wore another one of my jumpers, a red one this time, and a pair of high white socks. Her tan legs were bare and crossed at the ankles. Jensen was absolutely stunning between her long hair, caramel eyes, and freckles but it was her bold personality that always stuck out to me.

I tried to turn my focus back to my music, still struggling with the lyrics. I'd write one down and scribble it out and start back up again. There were so many crumpled up papers scattered along my floor, I'd probably killed at least 8 trees by now. I sighed, running my hands through my hair before playing the melody again.

"I don't ever ask you, where you've been" I started, trying to find the words to go along with it.

"And I don't feel the need to, know who you're with." My eyes shot up in Jensen's direction, the lyrics she sang fit perfectly. She smiled at me, setting her book down, "Keep going, I might have something." I started playing again.

"I can't even think straight but I can tell, you were just with her. And I'll still be a fool, I'm a fool for you." I stopped, writing down the lyrics quickly. Jensen moved over to me, sitting next to me on the couch now. I started playing again, starting the chorus.

"Just a little bit of your heart, just a little bit of your heart. Just a little bit of your heart is all I want. Just a little bit of your heart, just a little bit of your heart. Just a little bit is all I'm asking for." Jensen's eyes lit up and she nodded her head. She grabbed the pen, writing the lyrics down for me.

"Any ideas for the next verse?" I asked her, loving that she was working on this with me. The fact that she trusted me enough to sing in front of me was such a huge thing for me. She bit her cheek, pursing her lips as she thought.

"Start it up again." I followed her command, watching her close her eyes before singing, "I don't ever tell you, how I really feel. Cause I can't find the words to, say what I mean." She stopped, but my wheels were turning and I knew where to go from here.

"And nothings ever easy, that's what they say. I know I'm not your only, but I'll still be a fool. Cause I'm a fool for you." Jensen's grin widened as she clapped her hands together. We both sang the chorus together again.

"I know I'm not your only, but at least I'm one. I heard a little love is better than none." She sang, her voice sending chills through my body. "Then the chorus two more times?" She looked at me for approval.

"It's perfect J, thank you, seriously. I love you." I took her face in my hands, smashing my lips to hers quickly before feeling her pull away. Her eyes were wide and I was slightly confused before I realized what I had said.

I told her I loved her. Fuck. I mean, I know that I did with all my heart but I was afraid to tell her. And this reaction was exactly why.

"You-you love me?" She had a hard time getting the words out. I nodded, worried she didn't feel the same. I knew she wouldn't say the words. I never should ha- "I love you too, Harry." Her words stopped my spiraling thoughts. I looked at her, seeing the huge grin on her face.

"You do?" She nodded, climbing into my lap. She kissed my nose, making me laugh.

"I realized that I loved you the day of your interview in London but I didn't know how to say it. Love's a scary thing. Loving you means I have something to lose and I don't know if I can survive losing you." She looked down at her hands in her lap. I lifted her chin with my forefinger and thumb.

"J, look at me." She sighed, her dark orbs meeting mine, "I'm not going anywhere, love. I love you Jensen Rose Ames. I love you so much. I knew I loved you on our first date. I knew then and there that I wanted you, forever." She smiled at my words, rolling her eyes before playfully hitting my shoulder.

"You're such a romantic." She laughed as I kissed her lips, "But you're my romantic and I love you."

I kissed her again before lifting her up, my hands placed on her bum as I spun her around in my arms. We both laughed as I sat back down.

"You also sang in front of me. You let me hear your voice and you gave me some amazing lyrics." She waved me off, trying to roll it off as if it were nothing but I knew better. She loved me and she trusted me and that's why she sang.

"Just make sure you give me 10% of the profits when it becomes number one." I shook my head laughing as she pecked my lips once more.

"Anything for my girl."

/////////

i love this chapter. i really love this book. i'm really proud of myself for keeping up with it.