chapter thirteen

Harry

I was pacing the dressing room. I was nervous, extremely nervous. This is the first time my fans would hear my new album live and I was unsure on how they'd respond to it.

"Harry, mate, you got a few visitors here." Jeffery poked his head in.

"Let them in." I said, looking at myself in the mirror one last time before turning to see Jensen and Reese.

I smiled at Reese, noticing the cheesy grin plastered on her face. She wore a TPWK shirt tucked into a leather skirt. I complimented her on the outfit, earning a thank you in return. I then turned my attention to Jensen.

     Jensen was wearing a black lace body suit paired with light wash mom jeans and black combat boots. She wore her long, dark hair pin straight with one side tucked behind her ear. She had on dark eye shadow and red lipstick to top it all off. She looked gorgeous. Of course she always did, but tonight she outdid herself.

     "Take a picture dude, it'll last longer." My eyes met Jensen's, noticing the smirk on her face as she caught me red handed.

     "Harry, ten minutes!" Jeffery walked by the door, shouting into the dressing room. I gulped, feeling my stomach churn.

     "You ladies better go find your seats." I gave them a half smile.

     "Reese, go grab our seats and I'll be there in a second. I gotta call Dad one last time." Jensen told Reese, earning an eye roll before she left. Jensen turned to me, raising a brow.

     "I know you're nervous and as someone who doesn't sing in front of anyone, this might mean nothing but my mom who sang in front of many people used to say this. "It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks of your work. What matters is how it makes you feel and if you're happy with it, to hell what everyone else thinks." She smiled at me, a genuine smile, before moving to the doorway.

     "I like that, mind if I use it?" She turned to me, biting her lip. She looked me up and down, noticing my outfit for the first time.

     "Just give my mom the credit. Good luck, Harry." She left after that. I felt better after talking with her, much less nervous. She gave me advice to calm me down. Maybe she did like me after all.

     "You ready?" Jeffery poked his head in again, giving me a big smile. "You look great kid, let's go."

——————

     The show went amazing. From what I could tell, everyone loved the new music but honestly, Jensen's words playing in my head made me realize that it didn't matter what they thought as long as I was happy.

     "Harry, that was amazing mate!" Mitch slapped his hand on my shoulder as we got back to the dressing room. The rest of the band kept stringing out compliments, all of us wired from the excitement of performing again.

     "Okay drinks at Maggie's? I'm buying the first round of shots. I'll see you guys there in about an hour." The band cheered before heading out, leaving me to change. I threw on an orange and white striped sheer button up t-shirt and a pair of black jeans. I was putting on my Chelsea boots as there was a knock on my door.

     "Come in!" I shouted, falling back into the couch as Jensen and Reese walked in.

     "Oh my god Harry that was INCREDIBLE! I loved it, I loved all of it! Sunflower Vol. 6 has got to be my favorite though but oh my gosh I love them all! Thank you so much for the tickets!" I laughed at Reese's rambling, noticing a smile on Jensen's face as well.

     "Thanks, love." Reese was flushed, Jensen wrapping an arm around her waist as she was taller than her. "We're all going to Maggie's after this if you ladies would like to come?"

     "I would love to but I have a huge exam I need to be studying for." Jensen gave her a look, "Hey I couldn't miss this opportunity but J, you should go! Seriously have some fun in your life." Jensen rolled her eyes at this.

     "How would you get home?" Jensen asked Reese, trying to find a way to say no to my invitation.

     "James can take you home, Reese. Much safer than an Uber and I know he'll make sure she gets home safe." Jensen raised a brow at me, narrowing her eyes.

     "James is?" She asked, looking between me and her sister.

     "My driver. Seriously Jensen, I would never put your sister in any danger." I watched her debate this offer in her mind.

     "J, I'm 21 you know." Reese looked to me now, "I'm good with a ride home from James, thank you Harry." I nodded, dialing his number and telling him to meet us out back.

     We made our way out of the dressing room and out back to meet James. Jensen told Reese for the millionth time to text her when she got home before hugging her. Once the car was gone, Jensen turned to me.

     "I'm only doing this because Reese was right, I deserve to have some fun." She stood with her arms crossed over her chest. Her words didn't match her expression and while she'd never say it, I know she was excited for this. I stuck my hand out, watching her reluctantly take it.

     "How'd you like the show?" We walked across the street and into the bar. I hoped no paps had spotted us along the way. I hadn't noticed anyone.

     "You really did do incredible. I enjoyed watching you up there and your music is good." She spoke honestly, my heart swelling at the words, "Don't make a big deal out of what I said or I'll never compliment you again." I chuckled, knowing these would be the next words out of her mouth after the compliment.

     "Your favorite song?" I asked as we walked into the VIP section, joining the band in the booth.

     "To Be So Lonely." She looked around after answering, avoiding my eyes, "Because you call yourself an arrogant son of a bitch." She smiled at her words.

     "Of course that's why it'd be your favorite." I shook my head at her. The band was looking at me, waiting for my introduction. "Hey guys, this is my friend Jensen. Jensen, this is Mitch, Sarah, Clare, and Adam." They all said their hellos as I ordered us a couple of drinks.

     "So how did you meet Harry?" Sarah asked, taking a sip of her drink. Everyone's attention was on Jensen, waiting for her answer. I could tell it made her nervous. I placed my hand on her thigh, feeling her calm beneath my touch.

     "Uhm well, Harry walked into my dad's bar one night, right before we were closing of course and I kicked him out but he kept coming back. Mostly to annoy me I think." Everyone chuckled at her words, making her smile. She didn't smile often and when she did, it was infectious.

     "That's where you've been disappearing to all these nights Hazza? Why does that not surprise me." Mitch shook his head at me. "Now, where are these shots we were promised mate?" 

     I motioned for the waitress to come to the table, ordering tequila shots for everyone and a couple more drinks for Jensen and I. She continued making small talk with Sarah and Clare. I watched in awe of her. She was nervous in big crowds, didn't like all the attention on her but once she was settled, she fit in just right.

     I kept my palm on her thigh, moving my thumb back and forth on the ripped area of her jeans. Her skin was tanned and smooth. She never once seemed bothered by my touch and I kept waiting for the moment she'd push me away again.

///////

Okay I think this one is more of a filler than the last chapter but also Harry's POV sooo hey