chapter eighteen

Jensen

    Harry's lips were on mine, his hands holding the sides of my face. I should have pulled away. I should have told him to leave. I should have hit him. I should have done a million things but instead I found myself kissing him back, wanting more. Our lips moved in perfect sync as he ran his tongue along my lower lip. I let him in, our tongues fighting for dominance. My fingers tangled in his curls, tugging lightly. He pulled away slowly, placing his forehead against mine as we both tried to catch our breath.

     "Ya'll are cute but very gross. You couldn't have waited until I was out of the room." Reese's words made Harry and I let out breathy laughs. Our eyes met, his green orbs filled with lust. I bit my lip, pulling away from him.

     "Sorry Reese." I apologized as she rolled her eyes, shaking her head. She went back to her room, leaving Harry and I to ourselves.

     "Jensen, I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you or your family. I know being in my life can be difficult and I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for anything. All I know is that I want you in my life." Harry's eyes were glossy and I felt tears welling in mine too. I didn't know what to say. I'd missed him, all week I'd missed him but was this what I wanted? Was I ready for this?

"Harry, I-" I stopped, trying to collect my thoughts, trying to get my head to agree with my heart in this moment, "I'm scared. I hate being the center of attention. I hate what your fans had to say about me and my family. I mean you're, you're someone people idolize and I could mess that up for you. And on top of all that, I can't risk getting my heart broke again, I don't think I could handle it."

Harry's face had fallen, all the hope in his eyes disappearing. Every ounce of me felt so awful for the hurt he was experiencing but I also knew I was being honest with myself and with him. I was scared, I was so scared.

"But despite all of those thoughts, all of those worries in my head, my heart disagrees with it all. I didn't want to like you, I tried to push you away, but here I am, at 4:00am, telling you that I want you in my life too."

Harry scooped me up in his arms, spinning me around in the small living room, both of us breaking into a fit of laughter. He set me down, kissing me again before I pulled him into my bedroom.

"Don't get any naughty ideas mister." He smiled, shaking his head at me as he stripped out of his jeans and lifted his shirt over his head. He crawled under the covers, pulling me to his bare chest.

"It was a miserable week without coming in to bother you." He spoke, pressing a kiss into my hair. I outlined the butterfly on his abdomen and the sparrows on his chest with my finger, smiling to myself.

"It was awful quiet there without you to pester me. I was extremely bored." I felt his chest vibrate beneath my fingertips.

"Well I'll keep you plenty bothered this week love." I bit my lip at his comment. Being in Harry's life was going to be extremely difficult and I would be lying if I didn't say I wasn't nervous for it all.

"Harry, what are we going to do about the paparazzi and your fans and the media? What are we going to tell them? I'm nervous about it all." Harry shifted beneath me causing me to lift myself up to look at him. He sat cross legged in front of me as I sat up, pulling my knees to my chest. He held my face in his hands, looking into my eyes.

"We won't tell them anything unless you want to. Whatever this is between us, I'm here for it. You make the calls now okay. Screw what the world thinks. I know it's not going to be easy and there's going to be some rough times but I want you to know that I would never put you in a position you didn't want to be in." I nodded at his words, feeling a little better knowing Harry would be by my side through it all. I leaned forward, attaching my lips to his lightly before we both settled back into bed.

"I'm still nervous but I'm glad that you're here. I'm glad that you're in my life." I said, feeling myself giving into my exhaustion.

"I'm glad I'm here too Jensen." He kissed the top of my head, holding me tighter. I was hoping that I would be able to sleep. Ever since I had run out of Harry's office, I'd barely slept, spending too long in the bar. Nothing felt right without him and having him back in my life seemed so right. I didn't know what the future held but I didn't care. Harry was here with me and that's all that mattered.

///////
Sorry guys this is a short chapter but obviously a very important one