Chapter One: Dawn of Humanity

"Archangel Samael and Archangel Michael, I must request that you both go in and check on my new creations. It would seem Lilith and Adam need some help with their budding relationship if they're ever going to repopulate." God told us.

I looked over at my senior, Michael. He always looked so certain of himself. Did Michael really want to babysit these humans or did he just want God to praise him more than he already does? What is so great about these humans? They can't even heal themselves. They don't have wings.

There was no arguing with God of course so we both said "It shall be done my lord."

🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃

We approached God's garden, when suddenly we heard a squeal of excitement and laughter.

I looked to Michael and said "I'll go check it out, you go find Lilith and Adam."

Michael shook his head and flew off. I flew over the tall hedge and what I saw took my breath away. There was a nude woman at the bottom of a hill laughing with grass and mildew in her hair. She was beautiful. I approached the beautiful creature, she turned her amethyst eyes toward me; her dark brown hair was blowing in the wind.

I almost forgot how to speak, but I managed to ask, "Who are you?"

She looked at me perplexed, but answered "I...I am Lilith."

I breathed, "Lilith." For a moment it felt like that was the only word I knew.

She looked up at me with humor in her eyes, "Shouldn't you introduce yourself?"

I crouched beside her, "I am archangel Samael."

She smiled and I was hit by the morning sun. I noticed the grass stains and bruises.

"What were you doing Lilith?"

She laughed, "Oh I saw this hill and wondered what would happen if I rolled down. It was fun."

I couldn't help but smile at her, "You should take better care of yourself. Here I'll heal those bruises."

I placed my hand on top of her knee as holy light radiated on her bruise. All at once her bruises began to disappear.

"Doesn't that feel better?" I asked Lilith.

Lilith looks at me and said, "Thank you Sam."

"Sam?" I inquired.

She smiled at me, "Yes, I thought it was a cute nickname. Samael is too formal, Sam is more casual."

"Well Lilith, we ought to go find your husband." I offered her my hand.

She pouted and asked "Do we have to? I don't want to make a union with Adam."

"Why's that?"

She looked away from me, "I just don't feel a romantic connection with him. I care about him but I don't think I love him."

I frowned, "Can you at least give him a shot? All God is asking for is for you two is to try to get along and maybe repopulate."

She looked shocked, "What do you mean repopulate?!"

Oh God, did he really not explain how to repopulate...

"Well you see...when a man and woman love each other very much..."

Suddenly I was whacked on the head. I turned to see Michael and the male human, Adam, in tow.

Michael looked at Lilith and said "Well we have a lot to talk about."

God couldn't have made this mission any harder.