Christmas Eve Christmas Tree making

This was bad. This was very very bad. You had nowhere to turn. Nowhere left to go. The cannibal had you right where he wanted you and there was no escape to be found no matter how hard you looked.

The walls were closing in, all other sounds were drowned out. You could only stare ahead at the man in front of you. He flashed you a pearly white all teeth smile from behind his muzzle. You only saw your doom though. He chuckled evilly, his shoulders bouncing up and down.

" Dear Y/N, you have made the fatal mistake of underestimating me. and now you will pay the price for it." He said, raising his hand up to deliver the final blow.

You grit your teeth, accepting your defeat as Willy clinked his queen down onto your king and took the piece over to his side, where he held a mountain of your pieces, and all of his were still on the board.

" I win." He said with a grin and you sighed.

" yeah for the fortieth freaking time. seriously how did I not get one of your pieces? Not even one pawn?!" You ran a hand over your brow as you frustratedly inspected the board as he started to clean up.

" I've been playing this game a long time Y/N, I know all the moves, I've seen the way people think. I know just how the wheels turn." He laughed and put the board up where it was supposed to go.

You huffed again before turning your head to take a look at how Elliot and Joshua were doing. The big man angrily held a small children's book in hand while Joshua patiently tried to get him to sound out a word.

Elliot opened his mouth, trying fruitlessly to even get a noise out, he growled loudly and tensed up. Oh no, you knew what was coming. You shot up to try and call out to him but it was too late. He easily ripped the book in half and flung the pieces across the room.

Runnin a big hand through his dark hair and setting it on the table. You sighed again, teaching Elliot to read was rough, he just got too frustrated too easily when it came to reading, or more specifically, trying to talk.

You walked up to him, nodding to Joshua who shrugged at you and stood up, walking over to Willy who was pulling out another game.

You ran a hand through Elliots hair as you took a seat next to him. Laying your head on the table next to his. He turned his head so he could take you in with an eye.

" Its alright Elliot, it's not easy." You tried to comfort him, he only huffed in response, though you caught the red starting to well in his bottom lip.

" Ah ah ah, Elliot nope," you grabbed his head and lifted it. " No biting your lip, there's already too much scar tissue there as it is." You looked at him thoroughly for a minute, and he met you with an equally hard stare.

" We need to find you something to release stress, not create it," you said out loud. You stood up and beckoned with your head to follow him. " Come on, let go watch Willy destroy Joshua in scrabble." You smiled and led him over to the table where the two were already headedly competitive.

You sat down on a nearby couch and Elliot plopped down next to you. making you bounce about an inch off of the sofa. Things had gotten so much better after the three of you started getting along.

It was not just with you either. For as you could see, Joshua, Willy, and Elliot were already mingling among themselves as friends.

Today marked the end of your fifth month here at the institute. You had discovered the date a couple of weeks ago and have been keeping careful track of it since then.

You don't know if any of the others realized this, but it was Christmas Eve! Heavy snow had fallen and covered the entire outside in a thick white blanket. The option to stay inside after lunch was now an option, which the four of you gladly took. Though it was fun to make a snowman every now and then with your boys.