Faces Revealed

The hidden trapdoor underneath Elliot's feet swung open. The two of us only had enough time to look at each other in shock before he disappeared into the dark abyss underneath. He roared as he fell and I heard an echoing crash from somewhere below.

" ELLIOT!!!!!!!" I shrieked. I started racing forward towards the big hole in the ground. Not even thinking about my actions and meaning to jump right in after him.

I leaped, aiming for the trapdoor, only for it to swing shut and I landed on it with a harsh thud. It locked closed and I scrambled up to my hands and knees, looking down at the metal plate with horrified eyes.

I started screaming Elliot's name while repeatedly banging my fists against the trapdoor, even long after they were bloody. I never would have thought I could cry so much at one time.

Tears poured out of me like a waterfall and mixed in with my blood pooling below me. I could not lose him!! I could not!!! I continued to scream his name to try and get any response.

If there was any the metal was too thick for it to be heard from. It did not sound like a super long drop, maybe he was ok. I had to believe that for my own sanity. After a few more minutes I stopped hitting and pulling at the trapdoor. It was locked shut, I would never be able to knock it free.

I slowly stood to my feet on shaking legs. quivering from fear, sorrow, and absolutely burning hatred. I turned my glare to the walls. Looking around like a rabid animal.

" YOU MOTHERFUCKING COWARD!!!! SHOW YOUR FACE NOW!!!! I WILL RIP IT OFF PIECE BY PIECE AND MAKE YOU EAT IT!!!! THIS IS BETWEEN YOU AND ME!!! NOT HIM!!!!! GIVE!!! HIM!!!!!!! BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!." I screeched to the walls so hard that it felt as if my throat might be bleeding now. Spittle flying from me and landing on the ground and my blood.

My vision was so blurred from tears and rage. Mixing that in with my already unstable legs I felt like I might just topple over. I had been through too much in the past 24 hours.

I lost my family. I lost Willy. Elliot was hurt. I watched innocent people get tortured to death. I watched my family die. I lost Elliot. It was all too much.

I continued to scream at the walls, my words eventually turning into nothing more than just bellows of agony and pure fury. I only stopped when I felt too weak to scream anymore. I lowered my head to the ground, bringing my bloody hands up to cover my face, and wept.

I jumped a few feet back from the wall, swiveling towards it when a hidden door slammed open. Revealing a barely lit hallway. I clenched my jaw as I stared through it, I knew that whoever was responsible for al of this, was on the other side. It was time to end this.

I turned back to the trapdoor. Yelling with all of my might, promising to Elliot that I was going to get him out of there. My eyes moved towards the broken television, and I stalked towards it to gather a few decent sized glass shards. Better than nothing, at least I had something to defend myself with.

I turned back towards the hallway and took a few more minutes to find my strength. The only sounds in the room being my breathing and the dripping of my blood off of my hands.

I took one last deep breath and started full-on running through the hallway. I was not playing this game anymore. It was ending and it was ending NOW.

My bare feet thundered across the concrete floor, everything was a blur going by I don't think I have ever run so fast in my entire life.

The dim lights passed by overhead, shadowing me in darkness for a brief moment before I passed another one. My breathing was heavy and my glare was set on the faraway door that was coming into view.