To Mess with the Lamb

A/N: Brief mentioning of rape, also I made a tiny little map of most of the eighth floor so you guys can have a better image of it!

You jumped awake, starling yourself and knocking back into the metal paper cabinet you had been resting against. When on earth did you fall asleep? How did you even fall asleep?

Your nerves and fears had been so high up, is it possible that you had fainted? You shivered, the room was cold, and you did not have your warm hospital attire, you had only a moist towel that only made it colder.

You brought your legs up close to you, remembering what had driven you into this dark storage room. The guard from last night assaulted you, and you bit him really hard on the neck before running away and hiding in this room.

You had heard him go around the hallway a couple of times before his sounds had disappeared completely. You still did not dare leave the room or even move for that matter.

You must have stayed in that position for hours before you passed out. Outside, the hospital that was dead the night before was now alive. A bright light shown from underneath the door.

You could hear the footsteps and voices of Doctors, Guards, and nurses. Every now and then there would be the rattle of chains as a patient was brought by.

The small light offered you a better look at the room you were in. There were a couple of metal file cabinets, a single desk over against the wall with a chair. A small monitor light flashed on and off in the rhythm of a heartbeat.

What time was it? It could be anywhere from six in the morning to nine at night. That was the length of the day where the lights were on. You took a steady breath and swallowed the lump that was rising in your throat.

Standing on shaky legs you wrapped the towel around yourself tighter, tightening it by tucking the corner in a little nook on the side. You tiptoed up to the door and pressed your ear against the cold metal.

You did not hear anything anymore. You knew it was probably unlikely, but you were afraid deep down that you would open the door and the Guard from last night would be there, ready to throw you back in and lock the door. Doing vile things to you before strangling you to death as he had promised.

Your hand hovered over the handle for a few, long, painful moments. Your heartbeat was loud behind your ribcage. It pounded hard and sent a roar of blood in through your ear canals.

You clenched your eyes shut, gritting your teeth harshly as you unlocked the door and quickly burst out of it. You opened your eyes and was blinded by the bright light from the mercury lightbulbs. You blinked a couple of times as the pain in your eyes receded.

There was currently no one in the hallway, in the distance, you could hear a large gathering of people. It must be free time right now. That meant you were asleep for a good portion of the day. What did the others think? Did everyone think you escaped?

They would have noticed you gone when they went to get you for breakfast. What about the guard too? If he was still here was anyone questioning the serious wound you gave him when you bit him?

You took another step away from the door, looking over at the hallway that would take you to the free room. You stood there, breathing for a second when a shouting suddenly startled you.

" Hey! freeze patient!" A loud, gruff voice bellowed at you and you swung your head around to see some guards running from the other end of the hall at you.

You could not help yourself, you started running away from them, down in the direction where all the other patients were. You could hear the boots behind you thundering as they got closer and closer. You passed the group room and continued down the hall in a sprint, holding the towel against you tightly.