Something's not right here

It took a great amount of strength, almost all that I had, to keep myself on my feet as I helped Elliot down the hallway. It was slow, too slow but there was nothing I could do to make us go faster.

Elliot could barely stand without me and he was too injured to go faster than a slow limp. His breathing was more quiet than usual and a lot more rugged. To which that was completely understandable.

My muscles in my arms, back, and legs burned as I pushed myself with all of the strength that I had. I was constantly flicking my eyes everywhere in paranoia that someone would turn the corner and find us.

I wonder if they had found the room and we went with the nurse unconscious on the floor. I did not hear any sort of alarm go off. So I guess we were still safe.

Somewhere in the distance behind us, I could hear many voices. My guess was there was a lot of commotion going on out front after what had happened at the meat plant.

I kept my voice quiet and soft as I spoke to Elliot. Trying to help keep his mind off of the pain that was still very obviously bothering him. Each breath carried with it a slight whimper that I could easily hear since he was resting his head on mine.

If I was not using both of my arms to keep him steady I would be rubbing my hands down his back soothingly. I wish there was something I could do to help ease his pain.

It was absolutely killing me to see him like this. I could focus on that later though. The first priority was getting him out of here so they could not take him away to be killed. Then I would find a way to help him with his pain.

I did not care that by doing this, I was now a wanted criminal. I would spend the rest of my entire life running from the law if that meant keeping Elliot safe now. My family would have been the only thing that would have kept me here, but even if they were alive I would never abandon my giant.

" Fuck!!!" I hissed from clenched teeth as I heard multiple oncoming voices from around the corner. I looked around wildly, finding that there was a storage closet close by. I pushed Elliot a little faster, wincing as he whimpered louder in my ear. I leaned him against the wall as I grabbed the ring of keys. They were all labeled so I searched for one that could be this closet.

My hands were shaking wildly as the voices got closer and closer. I found the one I was looking for and hastily unlocked the door. Pushing Elliot inside and then coming in after him. Closing the door quietly and locking it behind me. I heard Elliot thump to the ground and I crawled over to him. It was dark so I was careful to not knock into him and hurt him even more.

I took him in my arms and be buried his face in my chest as he breathed heavily from all of the energy he was spending and all of the pain he was in.

My heart pounded in my chest as I heard the voices go past the room we were in. " Please don't find us! Please don't find us! Please don't!" I prayed in my head. Hoping they would not try to open the closet. They did not though, they walked passed and I did not move a muscle even long after their voices disappeared.

I decided it would be best to give Elliot a couple of minutes to rest. As long as we were in here with the door locked it should be alright for a couple of minutes... I hoped.

I continued to stroke the uninjured side of his face to help and calm him down. I felt the ridges on his skin from all of his scarring.

" Elliot. I know your in a lot of pain. But we will make it out of here. I will not stop until your safe. You know I would do anything for you right?" I asked him. He gave a slight nod of his head and I stroked it again