Suprise

You laughed in delight as you watched Joshua try and wrestle Elliot to the ground. Sitting next to willy on the grass in front of the blooming garden you all cared for. Willy was leaning back while supporting his weight with his arms, you were in a similar position.

Joshua jumped onto Elliot's back, trying to use momentum to knock the beast down. Elliot merely grunted in irritation before reaching up over his shoulders and grabbing onto Joshua. The giant flipped the man over his shoulder and onto the grass where he landed harshly on his back with a thud.

You and Willy cringed as Joshua let out an "oof" Rolling slowly around onto his stomach and crawling to his knees. Trying to regain the breath that was just knocked out of him. Elliot glanced back and forth between you and Willy and Josh. You stood up and approached the two.

" Alright, I think that's enough roughhousing for one day." You said, reaching up and giving Elliot a scratch on the stable growing on his face before kneeling down to help Joshua to his feet.

You helped him to where Willy sat and placed him in the spot you previously occupied. He looked over to Willy who was trying to hide a smile behind his muzzle.

You returned to picking out some weeds from in between the Sunflowers. You heard Elliot lumbering up behind you, working in the little square of tomatoes next to you.

You had seen this garden grow with the season three times now. There were some plants that you all chose to regrow each year. Then there were some new ones that you guys were trying out.

You were able to get the seeds with the good points that you earned, and Doctor Valeski had ordered in some new plant books for you to look through.

Elliot's choice for this year's new plant was some poppy flowers. Along with some raspberry fruits and some pumpkin plants, that made up this year's new batch.

The raspberries were ready, and you had been able awhile ago to convince Doctor Valeski into having the kitchen staff make something for the four of you with them.

You and Elliot sorted out the best ones and put them into the basket you were provided, bringing it with you inside and handing it away to one of the nurses.

Now here you sat, on the sofa in the free room. A book in your lap and a gentle giant leaning against your shoulder, looking down at the book in your hands. In three years you had never heard Elliot say a single word, but he's tried.

He's tried and... broken a couple of chairs in frustration afterward. Willy and Joshua were playing chess on the table right next to you. Both of them were too into the game to notice anything in the outside world.

Willy had been teaching him techniques and Joshua learned quickly. The two could go all night if given the opportunity. Joshua's patients had grown, which led him to be able to accomplish such a feat.

" Can you sound this out for me?" You said, pointing to a short and simple word in the book. His brown eyes glanced up at you before looking down at the pages again. Most of his scars were dull pink streaks and his lips were no longer purple, a habit you all helped him out of when you were moved into neighboring rooms.

You would talk to them when they were stressed, and they could talk back. With the three of you talking to him at night, he stopped being so nervous most of the time.

He reached a large hand up, scratching at the growing facial hair. You put the book down and grabbed onto his jaw, tilting his face in your direction so you could get a better look.

" If it's bothering you so much then we can request to get it shaved." You commented, scratching at the black hair yourself. " Is that what you want?" You asked, and he only huffed in response. You guessed he just had not made up his mind yet.