Joshua's Memories Part 1

Warning! This chapter contains abuse!

Joshua sat crossed legged in the corner of the attic room as he watched Y/N sleep. His dark brown eyes never once leaving her form. He stared at her as a wolf might when stalking its prey.

His eyes stayed on her face, soft, relaxed, and unafraid. She breathed softly and her chest under the blanket rose and fell slowly. She was laying on her stomach with her hands close to her face. Every now and then she would twitch and whimper slightly.

The wolf would perk up at the new movement, and not relax again until she was. This is how a lot of nights would go if he was not laying next to her. He would sit in this corner of the room and watch her all night long. It was a good vantage point, it gave him a complete view of the room, her, and the door.

His eyes flicked uneasily to the door for a second before they steered back over to Y/N. Ever since his brother threatened to kill her by hanging her by her spine in the rafters, he could not sleep easily.

He told her that it was a bluff and he said things like that all of the time. While he did say things like that all the time, they were never bluffs. He had seen him do it before. He knew he was serious when he said he planned on killing her. Joshua would not allow that to happen.

He shifted around so that his trench coat was a bit tighter around him, bringing his knees up to his chest. He continued to watch her, staying as silent as ever. He as in total silence, even his breathing was undetectable.

The silence brought thoughts with it, and those thoughts brought memories. His brother had been with him his entire life other than those four years at the Asylum that Y/N was there.

It was always Joshua and Jack against the world, from day one the world decided that it was going to do everything in its power to break them. Joshua's eyes never left his sleeping beauty's form as he drifted off into a collection of memories.

His mother loved sleeping beauty.

- 15 years ago -

The old Disney cartoon sleeping beauty played somewhere else in the house as Joshua's mother prepared him for his first choir class. She was able to pull together some extra money to get Joshua enrolled, of course, he did not know it had a fee. That was not something the ten-year-old needed to be worrying about.

She ran a quick comb through his fuzzy black hair, taking a rag and wiping his cheeks with it before beaming down at him with a pearly white smile. The little boy gave a shy one back in return.

She tightened the little tie under his neck before turning him around to face the other boy. He was sitting in the window seal, kicking his legs out back and forth as he watched his mother get his brother ready.

" Well Jack, does he not look like a prince?" Their mother asked with pride in her eyes. Jack stopped swinging his legs and looked at his brother, giving a nice big smile and nodding his head up and down in a greatly exaggerated manner.

She turned Joshua back around to face her, giving his cheek a squeeze much to the boy's dismay. She ran a hand through his hair before taking a deep breath.

" Today is your big day Joshua, You are going to outshine them all. Why don't you sing to me a little first? just for a quick warm-up?" She asked with hopeful eyes. The boy looked away silently at first and his mother was afraid he was not going to until he slowly opened his mouth and started singing Jack's Lament from a nightmare before Christmas.

Tears welled in their mother's dark eyes as she watched her baby sing, and his brother stopped kicking his feet to listen. She closed her eyes and nodded her head to the tune until that is.