Does it matter?

Ares RheyFire

"I am going to the human world, Josh" I announced, clutching my wrists tightly. Nothing matters anymore. She wants the Elrock? Then so be it. I will get her that damn Elrock.

"Whoa! Man, you....what happened?" He gestured to my back where a searing pain told me I had a cut down my spine, two on my arms, and one sword through my stomach. I pulled it out. My wounds started healing. Training is meant to be cruel.

"Earth to A, do you think your mom will be happy about it? To the human world? You said that you will stay away from him." He said giving me a confused look. My mom has never liked anything I did. It's her rule and we follow it. I shook my head to dismiss the thought of her. I am sure that she hates me as much as I hate Elrocks.

"Don't worry man, I am not going to meet him. This time, she wants me to find something. Something very precious which the Elrock Xylia has hidden from us."

"I don't understand why your mom's obsessed with that particular Elrock," He said settling himself on my bed.

"She's not any Elrock Josh. She is a pureblood."

"Just like Vero's mom?" He mumbled then started to listen.

"Yes. She is one of the last pureblood.  She is more powerful than any Elrock." I said. When I said it I meant it. because I've never seen my mom fear anything but when it came to that Elrock.

"That powerful? I've never seen another pureblood. I thought they were all dead," he opened his mouth in shock.

"And my mom wants me to find whatever she hid. She believes it could lead us to how she became so powerful or the place where she's hiding" I know I'll never be my mom's favorite but I have to try. One last time.

"Then we'll do it together." He smiled.

Evelyn QuinnFox

"Cenixta!! I have to go to cenixta!" I ranted as I sat straight up in my bed, my breath caught in my throat. I let a sigh of relief, crawling down my warm bed.

I washed my face. I tried to recall my dream but nothing. I don't remember anything. Cenixta? I wondered looking into the silver-grey eyes on the mirror for some answers. The sunlight slowly angled through my window lighting up my face. I smiled.

"Today's gonna be great!"

I took a quick shower. Slipped into a white checked tank top, black jeans, and jacket. I braided my hair into shell braid. It was our small tradition. Both mom and I used to wear the shell braid on special occasions. I notice the wetness on my cheek and wiped it away. I miss her.

"I miss you mom" I whispered.

I took the pendent which I kept so secured under the draw. It was my mom's, the only thing which she left me. I wore it. It made me feel like she was with me. she never took it off.

Feeling satisfied, I opened the door and let the smell of steak and toast engulf me.

"There's my little girl!" Dave hugged me. He has been taking care of me since my mom died. 'Death' I hate that word. why does it have to be so painful to lose someone you love. When it tears you up...Dave smiled at me goofily. I chuckled at his smile.

"Good morning Dave!" I hugged him.

"Happy Birthday," He said handing me a black watch. I loved it.

"Do you like it? He asked giving the same look I was giving to that watch.

"Like it? I LOVE IT!"I said hugging him again.

"Thanks, Dave" I smiled back.

"Eve, did you take your pills?" I fell sick when I was around twelve years old. I had to take the pills monthly, then it became weekly and now I have to take them regularly.

"Yes" I lied. It has been three days since I last took my pills. I just got sick of it. The effects I felt after taking them were horrible. And honestly, I am feeling much better without them.

When I was about to get my breakfast, he held my hand.

" Eve, wait" he handed a metal box. It looked very ancient.

"What is it?" I asked curiously not taking my eyes off it.

"Xylia gave it to me. She asked me to give it to you on your 16th birthday," he said. My mom had a present for me? I was sad but I kicked the feeling out of my head.

"What is in it?"

"I never opened it. she asked me not to." His voice was dry, almost broken. She was like a sister to him.

I placed it in my room. I didn't want to open it now.

"Promise me that you'll open it," he said as if he read my mind.

"I promise Dave." I kissed him on his cheek and grabbed my keys before I left for my school.

I parked my bike in my usual spot. I call her Raven. Just as I got down.

"I can't believe that you ride that monster. Looks like it eats people for breakfast" Izzy punched my shoulder playfully, pointing to my Yamaha YZF R1.

"Hey! you can't offend my baby like that," I said faking hurt on the area where she bet.

"I just didn't expect you to grow up to be a--"

"Bad girl?" I suggested.

"Guess you can say that. Ready to spend another year of your life in the Jurassic park?" she asked holding her hand out for me.

"Hey! I was born ready. Now let's go hunt some dinosaurs!" I explained. She just smiled and followed me.

" I know, I know." she chuckled. "Happy birthday and may you grow old and old!" She gave me a small box. I was about to say something while someone dashed me, sending the box to fly out of her hand and he didn't even apologize.

"Hey watch your way!" I turned around to face him. His cold dark eyes met mine. I felt a small pulse through my veins.

"You should watch your tongue" he gave me a cold stare as he ran his hands through his coal-black hair. For some strange reason he seemed familiar.

But yet I had this urge to punch his jerk face.

"Manners blockhead! Didn't your mama teach you some?" I asked him infuriated. He dares to push me, drop Izzy's b'day gift and not apologize?

"Come on Eve. We don't wanna waste our time." Izzy pulled me. I gave him a cold glare before I left.

"Who does he think he is?" I sighed.

"Does it matter?" we laughed.

Hello guys. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Who did she bump into?

Do you think it matters?

What do you think Xylia has left for her daughter?

Does Eve know that she's not a human?

Let me know your opinion by leaving a comment. And don't forget to hit that if you liked this chapter.