Chapter 1

Kehlani's POV:

It's June 28th. I've been on summer break for 2 weeks now and I haven't done shit. I've linked with people here and there but other than that summer's been dumb boring.

I was feeling inspired today and wanted to do something with my hair. I didn't know if I was going to dye it, get braids or what but I figured I would figure it out when I get to the beauty supply store. I put on a pair of gray biker shorts and white thrasher t-shirt. I grab my phone and my bag and make my way to the subway.

I hop on the train and sit next to an elderly Asian lady and her 2 grand daughters. I pulled out my phone and start playing subway surfers cause I was bored. I could see the little girl next to me looking over at my phone so I asked her if she wanted to play. She happily accepted my offer and I handed her my phone.

I don't know why the hell I did that cause now I'm even more bored than I was before. I look around for something to entertain me. I see a middle aged white man and his big ass bike that's taking up all the space in the world. I see a drawing of a dick on the window. I see...a fine ass dominican boy asleep in the seat across from me. Thank God he was asleep because I was looking crazy. As I continue to look for something to entertain me, I feel a small tap on my shoulder. I look to my right to see the little girl I gave my phone to.
" Your phone died" she said. This lil-
"Oh. Thank you" I say while taking my phone back from her.

The train stops at 125th and I hop off. I'm not even gonna cap. I was tight. I was just a block away from the beauty supply store and this old ass, ugly ass, bum ass nigga has the NERVE to say " smile for me ma". I pretend that I didn't hear him and continue walking.

I walk into the store and I'm instantly hit with the sound of over lapping chatter and city girls playing in the background.

" Hey girl!" I hear Nia say. She's is one of the girls who works hear but she rarely does her job. Nia's the girl that just happens to know everyone and they mama. You could ask her if she knows someone and she'll tell you their mom's name, dog's name, what street they live on,etc.
" What you looking for?"
"Shit, I don't even know"
" You know what? You would look so good with a faux ponytail" she says while walking me to the aisle with hair extensions.

We spend a good 20 minutes finding hair that was the right color and the texture I wanted it to be. I picked up a pack of the hair that I wanted and checked out.

I go to check the time on my phone only to realize that it had died earlier. I then start making my way back to the subway.when I go to swipe my card,ERR ERR. Are you deadass? I've left my house like 3 times in the past week. How the hell did I run out already? I looked around to make sure I was in the clear and I jumped over that hoe like it was nobody's businesses. Fuck MTA!

I finally made it home. The living room light was on so someone else must have been too. I walk into the living room to see my little sister sitting on the floor watching t.v. "Hey" she says. I put my stuff down and sat next to her and listened to her go on and on about her day at camp. I'm ngl I was zoned out. I haven't smoked in a hot ass minute and a fat ass blunt was long overdue. I'm not a stoner or anything I just smoke from time to time to...decompress.

Once she finishes talking I go to my room and charge my phone.

I hear the front door open. Shit. It's my dad. My phone buzzes letting me know it's awake again and I open iMessage and hit up my plug. I don't know his real name but he goes by Fayzo.

"You selling tonight?"
"Ya wat you need"
"How much for 4 grams"
"$40 you finna slide thru or what slim"
"You can't drop it off ?"
"Ya I can drop it off where we meetin at"
"Your car nigga💀my parents are home"

                  It takes him a while to reply

"Shit Imma pick you up den"
"I got more shit to drop off in ya area anyway"
"🤡"
"No you not! My parents are home my nigga."

" Imma slide round 10 ya heard"
"Drop ya addy"

How the hell did I get myself into this situation?!? What does this nigga not understand about my fucking parents are home!?!

After panicking for like 25 minutes I come up with a plan to avoid an ass whooping. I'll just lock my door and go out of my window. I'll say that I'm sleeping early to avoid suspicion and when he gets here I'll just take what I need give him the money and refuse to get in the car.

A couple hours later...

I check my phone. It's 9 o'clock. I get up from my spot on the couch where I was watching Coraline with my sister. "I'm kind of tired. I think I'm going to take a shower and go to sleep" I lie. " oh. well goodnight then" my dad says from the kitchen. That was a lot easier than I had expected. I go to my room and try to look for $40. I found a 20 but I can't find another one. I hear a knock on my door. It's my dad " Are you ok? You said you were going to take a shower but I didn't hear the water running". Shit. "Yeah I'm ok. I have a headache so I just want to sleep it off you know?" "Of course. Let me know if you need anything". My mom left us a couple of years back. It's been me, my sister, and my dad for a minute now. Sometimes it's awkward talking to him about "girly" stuff but he tries.

I finally found another 20. I put my dirty ass hair into a bun and attempted to lay my edges. I turned off my lights and waited for him to pull up. At around 10:20 I get a notification.
"I'm here"

Shit. I put on a hoodie and my dirty Air Force 1s cause I was about to jump out of my window. I lock my door, grab the money and proceed to climb out of my window. Once I hit the ground I make a run for it. The address I gave him was down the street because I was kind of sus about giving him my real one.

I walked up to his black mustang and he rolled down his window as I approached it. "I'm not going into your car just so you know" I say.
"Yeah?l"
"Mhm. So just give me what I need and I'll give you the money"
He laughs a little and says"Get yo ass in my car. Quit playin wit me"
I try to be stubborn and not listen to him but something about the way this nigga was staring at me. I don't know what it was but I listened and got into his car.

"You know I'm doing you a favor"
"How?"
"You said youre parents home?"
"Yeah"
"If they at ya crib where were you gonna smoke? I know it ain't gonna be in ya room"
He's right. I hadn't even thought about that.
"Where's my money"
I hand him the 2 bills and he hands me a little bag of weed and a pack of backwoods in return.
" Don't trip shorty. You jus do your thing and imma do mine"
" ok but if I tell you to take me back home you have to take me back home"
He just lightly laughs and starts the car.

He starts driving and I start rolling up a blunt. I take a puff and almost instantly all the anxiety I had about getting caught up faded away. The further and further we got from my house the more at ease I felt. He started playing music and that marked the begging of a very long night.

——————————————————————————-

Hey y'all💕 Hope you liked part 1. Let me know if you have any requests or want to see anything in particular later on in the story.
Deuces😛