9 // What?

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and pull me close to them. I'm sure it was Dustin, but at this moment, I didn't really care. I lost the one guy that actually liked me. Wait. Dustin. I pushed him away from me. "Why the hell did you kiss me? I thought you hated me! What the hell!" I shouted. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"I was simply getting you away from my girlfriend. Now, after I tell her you came onto me, she won't be friends with you, then I don't have to see you anymore."  You're kidding. I ran away from him and out of the locker room. I flipped my head from side to side, trying to figure out where Steven went. I already had blurry vision, so I couldn't see very well. I walked around, trying to find him. I saw a figure sitting down on the bleachers at the very top, so I could my chances. Running up the steps, my foot slipped on the stair and I fell. Luckily, it was at the top so I finally got to see who the person was. But I only got a quick glance. My foot was on fire, burning like hell. When I looked at it, I could tell it was starting to swell.

"Hayden? I-Are you okay?" he asked me, getting up and walking over to me. He sat down next to me. I didn't even care that I was crying. I was tired, mad, sad, hurt, and just plain upset.

"I'm sorry Steven. I don't know what got into me. It started as a simple conversation and then I guess I said something that set him off, I don't know, but he just kissed me and then I kissed him back. I just haven't felt loved in such a long time I missed the sensation you get when you kiss someone and I don't know. I really like you Steven and I didn't mean to hurt you, even if I didn't,  I still shouldn't have kissed him back. I mean, we have our date tonight and I doubt you even want to go anymore but I just want you to know that I do like you. I don't have any feelings towards Dustin, just you Steven. I like you," I rushed out. A few moments passed by and he didn't say anything. "Please say something..."

He bit his lip, contemplating something in his mind. He sighed and surprised me by grabbing the sides of my face He swiped his thumb across my bottom lip before kissing me.

It was an even  better kiss than the first one, once I kissed him back. He was gentle and he tasted like peppermint. Once we parted, he stood up. I tried to, but only managed to fall. Luckily, before I hit the ground, Steven caught me. "I think you may need some help walking, yeah?"  I giggled and nodded my head.

"I must have twisted it or something. It hurts, like a lot." Steven picked me up bridal style and started walking down the steps.

"How about I take you to the infirmary?"

"Okay," I whispered, cuddling closer to him. Once we got into the nurse's office, she asked what happened.

"She tripped on the bleachers and fell. I think she may have twisted her ankle," Steven answered.

"Alright, set her down right here," she instructed, pointing at the hospital bed, "and I'll be right back."

Before Steven set me down, I spoke up. "Steven, wait." He looked at me with a questioning look.

"Hmm?" he murmured, looking into my eyes. I didn't even have to think twice. I kissed Steven and I kissed him hard.  Sounds strange, I know, but I loved it. When he kissed me back, I felt like I was in heaven.

We pulled away and he set me down on the bed. "Thank you so much Steven." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"For what? I just took you to the nurses office...And kissed you." I laughed, a genuine laugh.

"Not just that. You make me happy and I haven't been happy in a while."

"Well, then. I'm glad I make you happy because I'll be sticking around you a lot, just saying." I smiled and shook my head.

"I wouldn't have it any other way."