10 // Sleeping

After our conversation, the nurse had come back in and after she looked at my foot, she said Steven was correct. I twisted my ankle. Curse my clumsiness.

She wrapped my foot up and set that I should go home and put ice on it. After the swelling goes down, she said that I should take some Ibuprofen and keep it elevated. She was so nice she gave us both passes for the office saying we had to leave for home. Steven took me home and once we were inside, he went into the kitchen and set me down on a stool. "You have a really nice house, ya know," he told me, putting a few cubes of ice into a small Zip-Loc bag.

"Oh, I know," I replied. I wasn't trying to brag, but I already knew that my mom had bought a very huge and, indeed, awesome house. Although I don't understand the need for it. There's only two, sometimes three, people living in it.

"So where do you want to go? Living room or your room?" he asked me.

"I guess my room. Just so I can get more comfortable."

"Have you seen your living room? You can get comfortable in that thing in a second!" he exclaimed, very excitedly.

"I have a feeling that you're gonna be at my house a lot, huh?" I asked him, faking being annoyed.

"Hell yeah!" he shouted. I laughed as he handed me the bag of ice. He slipped an arm around my waist and another behind my knees. "To your room we go," he announced, ascending up the staircase. Once we were in my room, I think he had a heart attack.
 "Your room is so cute!" he exclaimed as he set me down on my bed.

I smirked. "If you like this so much, you should see my game room." He was wide eyed and picked me up in a matter of seconds .

"Where to madam?" he said in a posh voice. I giggled and told him where to go. His reaction was even cuter than the first one. 

"The faces you make are so cute," I told him while laughing.

He set me down on the leather seat and I scooted over so he could sit next to me. "So I'm cute now, am I?"

"Psh, who said you weren't?" I said, making a humble face.

"It's okay, I think you're cute too," he admitted. My cheeks flushed and I looked down. I felt a finger on my chin and my head being pushed up. Soon, Steven's face came into view. "Can I ask you a question?" he asked before biting his lip. I nodded, entranced by his beautiful features.  "Um, well, I-I really like you. I know we haven't known each other for a while, and I know we haven't even gone on our date tonight, but, I-um, will be my girlfriend?" he asked me.

"Of course," I answered, completely happy.

"Oh, and about tonight. Since you got hurt, do you want to reschedule it, or?" he questioned, drifting off. I smiled.

"How about let's have this be our date. I mean, you already asked me to be your girlfriend, and we can just stay inside and, I don't know, play video games?"

"How did I get so lucky?"

-

"Oh my- What is the heavens is going on here? Hayden! Get up right this second!" I heard a voice shout. My eyes shot open. I quickly searched for the voice. I saw my mom, standing there, at the doorway, looking pretty pissed off. I looked to my side and saw that Steven was sleeping. He had his arm wrapped around my waist and was cuddling close to me. There was a blanket draped around the both of us and his face was like in my hair. I guess we fell asleep after a while because it was already six. I only know that because my moms home. I sighed. I really didn't want to get up. I was actually very comfy here, laying with Steven. I carefully unhooked Steven's arm from my waist. I didn't want to wake him up in the middle of my mother yelling at me. I got up from the leather couch and limped out of the room. I pushed my mom out and shut the door after stepping out.

"Before you say anything no, we did not do anything. I was at school and I tripped. Steven helped me to the infirmary and then he took me home. I invited him to stay and we played some video games and we ended up falling asleep. Alright with you?" She just shook her head and went downstairs. Okay then mother.  I decided to change into my pajamas. I walked into my bedroom and quickly grabbed a loose fitting shirt and some pajama bottoms.  I changed into them and headed back to my game room. I silently opened the door, only to see a sleeping Steven. I decided not to wake me, so I just went to the bed. I lay besides him and soon enough I felt him pulling me closer to him.

I smiled and turned around to see a gorgeous pair of green eyes. "Why'd you leave me?" he asked me with a pouting face. I breathed out a little laugh and smiled.  

"I had to talk to my mom then I went and changed in some pajamas. I didn't wanna wake you up," I answered, looking down. He smiled lazily and shaped his hand into a thumbs up then brought it to my chin.

He lifted my chin up and softly set his lips on mine.