.Chapter 11.

.I
Promise.

.Lauren's Pov.
.(a month later).

This morning I woke up, to my sister shaking me. "hey Taylor. What's up?" I asked as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. "dad wants a meeting, now. He says it's ergent" Taylor said and that made me fully awake. I stood up from bed and slipped on a t-shirt I found laying around and made my way to the meeting room. When I exited my hut, everyone was assembled, outside. They were all by the cliff, where we had the celebration. The other WereWolfs were arguing and complaining as I my father tried quiting them down. "what's going on?" I asked onse I reached my father. "I think the war is on its way" he said and my eyes widen. "H-how do you know?" I asked and he sighed. "we found this, hanging on one of the trees, with the words written in blood, 'give the girl or everyone of your dog's heads will be ripped off and on your front door'" he said as he picked up a bag. When my father opened the bag, I almost gaged. There layed the head of our lead Gaurd, Ty. "oh my God" I said as, with a small gage as I started at the head.

They must have killed him in his wolf form, because it's a wolf's head. The mouth and eyes were slightly open. My dad closed the bag and put it to the side. "W-where's the body?" I asked. "we don't know, we only found the head" my father explained and nodded my head. "d-did he have a f-family?" I asked and my dad nodded his head with a sigh. "a daughter and a son, but no mate" my dad said. "the son, Jason. His 19 and the daughter, Cassie. She's 10" he said and I sighed. "so what do we do know?" I asked as I looked into my father's eyes. "we prepare for war" he said with so much coldness. "we won't win there's too many vampires" I said and my dad nodded his head. "I know someone who can help us" my dad said. "who?" I asked. "an old friend of mine" he said and I nodded my head. "what about Y/n and her parents?" I asked. "we will think about that later, but for now, let's just calm everyone down" he said and turned back to the people.

_________________

After the meeting, most of the wolf's agreed to fight, but the elders were the only ones who disagreed. My parents thought it would be best if they sent Y/n's parents on some trip for a while and Y/N would be with me. My father told me to go to Y/n's house and that's exactly what I'm doing. I smelled the area and I only smelled Y/n's sent. She's alone. I climed up her balcony and thankfully the door was open. "hey" I said when I stepped into her room. "shit" Y/n said and I could hear her heart rate pick up. "stop doing that" she whined and stood up, walking tawords me. "sorry" I said as I wrapped my arms around her waist. "it's fine, just warn me next time. This house is creepy" she said and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. "I missed you" she said. "I missed you too, even though we saw each other yesterday" I told her. "I know" she smiled up at me. "why do you look so down?" Y/n asked and I sighed. "you can't stay here" I whispered and she frowned.

"what?" she asked. "you can't stay here Y/n" I told her and she forrowed her eyebrows. "why not?" she asked. "because your in danger, if you stay here you might get killed and I don't want to lose you" I said. "you won't lose me, because you'll be protecting me" she told me as she looked into my eyes. "I don't think I'll be able to protect you. I don't even think we'll be able to win this battle. We've never won against the Vampire's" I told her. "you will win, I know you will" Y/n said. "just don't let me leave you" she said as she hugged me and started sobbing. "I don't want to leave you" she whispered out and I sighed. How can I say no to her. "I won't make you leave me and I won't leave you. I promise" I told her as I rubbed her back. I started walking us back to her bed. I layed her down and climed in next to her, wrapping my arms around her waist. "promise me you won't make me leave" I heard Y/n whisper, before light snors were heard from the younger girl. "I promise" I whisperd and kissed the back of her head.