1k special (2/3)

Confessions

"MinJae, can you tell us a bit about how it is to be in a big girl group and an idol?" MinJae sat up a bit, her back straight. She grabbed the mic and took a deep breath before speaking.

"Being an idol will always have its pros and cons. Nothing changes that. I have my lovely fans now, but I trained to be an idol for 8 years just to debut and I got called a failure. I got hate that hurt me and worsened my mental state. I feel like as the oldest, I have the responsibility to take care of my other members, so I try to take the hate and backlash for my group, but it hurts," MinJae teared up a bit before speaking again. "But after getting hate, I tried to brush it off, hoping it would stop. But it didn't which I soon learned that I'll get hate no matter what, so I put on something like a mask. I just hoped that things would get better and my group would get out of this constant hate."

Mix the colors in the palette
Pick your filter
What kind of me do you want?

"MinJae, may I ask how you felt after your other member, Yeri debuted in 2015 and the amount of hate she got?"

I'll change your world
I'm your filter
Cover your heart

"I felt really angered by the hate she got. I've known Yeri since she was 12 years old and I've basically raised her. And the hate she got was just disrespectful to our group and Yeri herself. We were always 6, nothing more, nothing less. So seeing that, really hurt me. Yeri is like my baby."

So you can see something more thrilling
Pick your filter
Pick only me

"MinJae, last question, you've talked about your depression and anxiety before, but when did this exactly start?"

"Ever since I was a kid, I was diagnosed and it's just really gotten worse for me. I actually wasn't advised to become an idol because of the hate I would receive and the anxieties it would cause me. But I'm passionate about singing and dancing. I also want to brighten people's day with my song, I wanted to be the reason people smiled." MinJae had a slight smile as some tears poured out of her eyes. She took a tissue and wiped her eyes.

"But this is worth it right? I did all of this to be where I am now." MinJae said with a teary eyed smile.

We will become the new me
Ay, overlay me on your heart

------------------------
Lyrics- Filter by BTS
1k special 2/3