Funeral/Soompi

Idols Honor Red Velvet's MinJae at Her Funeral

MinJae of Red Velvet was found dead in her dorm on April 11th, 2020. Police investigated and have found out that her death was indeed a suicide. Her funeral was held almost a week later, on April 17th, 2020. Her own group mates and fiancé as well as other idols were seen in tears. Her funeral was for everyone to come, in Toronto, Canada. Her group mates and fiancé shared some words about MinJae.

(This goes into third person about what happened at the funeral.)
Everyone was sad. Some crying, others comforting, and the rest just looking at MinJae's coffin. Wondering why she would ever do that to herself. Everyone lost someone important. Their idol, fiancé, best friend, group mate. MinJae's group went up first to say some words about MinJae.
Seulgi, Yeri, and Wendy were crying. Sooyoung was comforting them while Irene was about to speak. Irene took a deep breath, trying not to cry. "MinJae unnie was a beautiful person. She always put others needs before her own, she was witty and sarcastic but kind, she cared for many people even if they didn't care for her. She was someone who made your burdens her own, she made you focus on your problem instead of hers. It was as if she was practically made to help and love those around her. MinJae smiled all the time without really letting people know what's wrong." Irene paused momentarily, trying to collect her thoughts and not break down. "I remember when I was going through tough times, she was always there for us. She was always like a light that never turned off, it was almost as if she didn't get sad. She almost never showed how she really felt or never let herself look weak, she wanted to rather be there for other people instead of acknowledge her problem. I also remember unnie being such a lazy person. She never wanted to do work or have responsibilities put on her when she didn't feel like it." Irene said with a choked out sob. "She was such a great person. I really loved her and what she always did for us." Everyone was in tears at Irene's speech. The 5 girl bowed in the direction of MinJae's coffin and went off. Nayeon went up next. "When I first met MinJae, I immediately knew I hated her. So I was so mean to her. We even had terrible fights. Until I realized I loved her. I loved everything about her. When we started dating, I didn't think I could get any happier. She made me so happy I always felt like I was floating. She became the reason I smiled. She always struggled on her own and never told me. She was such a selfless person. I love and miss you MinJae, I love you so much." Nayeon was having breakdown again this point. Sobbing as her members came up and comforted her. Many other people were crying by now too. MinJae was honored by everyone that day. It was a day of mourning.