Chapter 16

David pov

I made sure things went smoothly and Eve came down first with Selene. Michael face soften and smiled. Eve looked like Snow White. She's like my sister. She stood next to me.

"You look beautiful Eve," I said

"Thank you David. Wait till you see Melody," Eve said with pride.

"I love this tradition," My father said next to me.

"You know about this?" I asked

"Of course, centuries before we visited because of the swords. It was a really stressful time," Thomas said

Paula held up a camera smiling. Then the music began to play a soft drum and out came a man and her. She had the presence of a Queen. I can't explain it but I stared as she came down the stair case. She had a small tiara around her head. She had this glow to her and the dress couldn't had her hips either.

"You're going to catch flies son," Thomas said next to me. Everyone backed away in a large circle and and the drums began a low beat. And they stopped in the middle. He held her close and moved the quick beat and she twirls gracefully. After they were done everyone clapped.

"Ok everyone now for the last one traditional dance of the gypsy," Ella announced

"Mom I don't know," Melody whispered quietly

"Let the our gypsy ancestor guide you," Ella said

The room was a dim. But her beauty glows. She did a twirl and her clothing changed to a bit shorter dress. A tan scarf wrapped around her waist; blue head scarf and long white sleeve top loose shirt and white and blue skirt. Melody is barefoot as well.

Kraven pov

The beat began to pick up. She took in a deep breath and when she opened her eyes they were a bright purple. That threw me completely off guard. I blocked out everyone just focused on her. Beauty just wow.

The way she moved her hips and the twist and turns and the way her legs moved. Then she did a flip and a few more and she stopped with her arms out and blew blue fire from her mouth lighting the candles above. Everyone seemed focused and she changed back to her dress and tiara. The music stopped and everyone clapped as she bowed.

"You're staring at her," Erika said

"And," I snapped

"I know she's a very powerful hybrid," Erika said

"You don't say," I said sarcastically

I stared back and they had her sitting on a throne. On the top had flowers and her face read sophistication. I want her as my queen. Not Selene or her daughter. Her daughter shouldn't be an option. Not Erika for sure. But Melody. I can see us.

Everyone waited excitedly and some had gifts. So one by one they went up and gave her one or just to say happy birthday. I got in line and immediately Lucian, Selene and Michael stood close by staring.

"Oh, hello," Melody said staring at me

"Happy birthday, I have a gift," I said holding up a necklace still in the box. It's simple and calm. Green earth tone looked nice on her. Her eyes widen a bit.

"It's beautiful," Melody said

She got up and held her hair up and I put the necklace on her. She turned around and smiled and hugged me and from the corner I saw Lucian stiffen and Selene step forward a bit. We broke apart and am she sat back down.

Then the man came and both smiled largely at each other. And boom was I jealous, possibly but it wasn't enough to get my full attention.

"Melody Tepes, I Vlad Tepes aka grandpa am giving you my sword. Centuries old but I am passing it down to the next,". Vlad said