5

Kelsey, Kelsey, Kelsey I had a plan, I had it all figured out, I wasn't going to fall in love again and I'd wait atleast a week before requesting you on Facebook but the universe has a weird way of working, in other words, I caved and sent you the request. I guess it can be validated, we're technically working together and what if your IMessage or phone number were to magically stop working, I'd need an alternative way to contact you. I was standing outside your house when you accepted it. I don't even know how I keep ending up there but here I am. Besides, it would've been rude to leave when you'd just given me the house keys to your life.

Your friend group was small, close knit and seemed to be a group of six. Honey Brown, a hopeless romantic, you saw her as vulnerable, she was the person you felt the need to protect, you could tell instantly from the way you interact with her online Kelsey, you don't do it subtly. She's a barista in your favourite coffee shop, Devilles, right across the street from Murphy's. You don't go there often though because of Max, it's one of your many secret hiding places in New York. Len Watts, a high profile lawyer who works in the firm upstairs in Murphy's building. He's a Casanova, your account is full of pictures with him, you two appear to be the closest and I don't know if I like it. Nona Bradwood, his ex but again, from what I can see, a girl you seem too close to stop talking to because of a dumb breakup, I like it, it shows maturity. Finally, Eddi Blaize, a musician and a freelancer, based on first impressions, all I can see is Peach Salinger when looking at her but I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt. I'll give them all the benefit of the doubt because this is your handpicked family in New York and if you liked them then they must be somewhat tolerable people. I really want to trust that you'll surround yourself with good people but based on Max, I don't know if I can Kelsey.

I studied the living room window like a greasy eighteen year old cramming all his years of schoolwork into the night before the SATs. You shared a house with Eddi and Honey, you appeared to be having a lazy day and you deserved it. I could tell, rather, I saw you were up all night working on the accounts that Max ruined, they were the second thing he destroyed and I've only seen the man twice. You had a bowl of granola and yoghurt on your lap, your hair was down, you were makeup free and seemed to be wearing your most comfortable clothes. This made me feel like I was sitting on the couch with you, this is what our life would be like. It would be full of lazy mornings, eating granola on the couch like every normal couple but it would be so much better. Every boring everyday thing would be ten times better with you.

Honey walked in in floods of tears and a quick Twitter search of Honey who doesn't protect her accounts showed me that her tinder date bailed on her the previous night. You were so quick to hug her while she cried. You really do care about people Kelsey, you hugged her as tight as you possibly could before pulling away because you were getting a phone call. You sighed, I presumed it was Max, you just nodded along before leaving the living room. What are on earth are you up to ? I didn't have this problem with Beck, I could see absolutely everything. You came back into my sight twenty minutes later by leaving the house in workout clothes. You started jogging, great. I jogged behind you for three whole blocks. Three ! This brought me to Max's favourite gym, Insanity. Of course he's a member of a gym called Insanity. You walked in so I followed you, I didn't mean to I just had to sudden urge to work out.

You scanned a card attached to your keys then walked to the main room with all the equipment. I had to start a membership to join you...thanks Kelsey. You stood with your hands on your hips with Max and Len who looked ready to go for it during the session and Nona who looked like she'd rather be anywhere else. Max was showing you off to the pair of them as if he'd just won you, you and only you smiled at it. What is it with you and your guys with three letter names ?. I wasn't comparing though because once you started to spend more time with me, I'd soon fall into your little group of men with three letter names. You put your stuff in a locker while I pretended to lift weights, it was as if I'd been here all along doing it. Nona kept trying to talk to you and Max kept putting his arm around you or pulling you away. Eventually he just put these huge headphones that covered your whole ear on your head and ushered you all over the weights. You were squatting with the weight, focused and ignoring Max's comments because you couldn't hear him. You obviously didn't see me but he did.