15

Breakfast was a meal nine times out of ten I'd skip because I was never hungry that early in the morning. However you sat across from me with a bowl of yoghurt, granola and blueberries so I saw it as the perfect opportunity to get to like the food and the time. You were cutting up Cody's bear shaped pancakes when I came down. "One more day and then it's time to celebrate" you announced through a smile as your mother shook her head. "We won't get Joe too excited Kels. I promise, it's not as big as they make out" she said trying to reassure me as Justin rolled his eyes and made used his fork as a cell-phone. "My table is to be for eight people alright, not six" he shouted in a voice that was supposed to be hers which caused people to stare over at us. Nobody expected behaviour like that while reading their paper and eating their toast but nobody in your family cared and I loved it. The Elliott's were just the Elliott's and everyone else had to deal with their chaos. 

"Don't worry Joe, she's only a momzilla when there's a party. Justin's too busy in Jersey with Charlie to realise" Reece joked as Charlie smiled. "It was great when you came to stay. I love having my boys together, you'll have to do it again soon" he said as you fake coughed which caused him to look over. "Don't even try it Kelsey-Jay. You know I visit you as often as I can. New York is my home and it has my little girl. I need to make more time for it" he said as you nodded proudly. This was your family, this was you with your family, comfortable. Carl was asking Cody about school which Cody had no answers to so they were disengaged from our conversation and all of sudden, the focus was back on me again. They just wanted to get to know me. "We all keep ignoring Joe. It's all us, us, us. Come on, tell us something about yourself" Carl said all of a sudden there were seven pairs of eyes on me, that's fourteen individual eyes on me. "Uh, well I work in Mooney's, I have for as long as I can remember. I've moved around a bit in my childhood but like Charlie, New York is my home" I began, I was struggling and you could see it. "He's great with Cody, he always lets him pick a book to bring home. Goes to the gym too" you filled in for me, it was as if you were trying to impress your parents and I had no idea why. You were about to finish your sentence but you looked towards the entrance and your whole face dropped.

"Kelsey ? You alright ?" Reece asked, your face was as white as a sheet and you had completely froze. He was the only one who didn't call you Kelsey-Jay. His eyes followed yours to the entrance then his face did the exact same thing. "Did the two of you just see a ghost ? I feel out of the loop" he joked until his eyes followed yours but he didn't have the same reaction. "Mom ?" he asked confused, he was half smiling but wasn't sure how to react. "Jen's next to you" Charlie said even more confused until he followed all of your eyes and then shook his head. "Jesus Christ" he muttered under his breath with his head in his hands. There, standing in the entrance was what I could only assume to be your biological mother. She stared at the three of you smugly. Only you inherited the blonde hair, hers was flowing madly around her shoulders and back at different lengths, your brothers inherited the brown eyes, her teeth were a darker yellow than Charlie's and her skin was leathered. They didn't bother her but they were evidence to me, as an outsider that she was an addict. You told me none of you had seen her in years so this came as a big shock to all of you and you seemed the most affected by it. "Is that-" Carl began as your mother nodded. "She could just be here to celebrate my birthday" she said trying to see the positive as Reece rolled his eyes. "When has Bianca ever turned up for any other reason than to cause trouble ?" he asked but she got up and went to greet the woman at the entrance. "Kelsey, are you alright" Charlie asked you but you just shoved your barely touched bowl away from you. "Suddenly I'm not hungry" you said through a sigh as the woman from the entrance walked over and took a seat next to Charlie.

"Miss me ? I know I've missed you three-well two a lot. It's so nice to see you out of juvie Reece" she directed the first part of the sentence at Charlie but the rest at you and your brothers. She couldn't get a rise out of Charlie and her brothers. "Been out a good while now Ma, but how would you know ?" he asked as she tutted. "Did I not visit you ?" she began as you told her it was once and he told her to shut up. "Well, atleast my baby boy is excited to see me. Isn't that right Justin ? I don't know about you guys but I'm starving" she said looking directly at you. This woman was giving me bad vibes instantly. She wasn't a good person and I knew that because you were nice to everyone you spoke to. For you to be hostile, there had to be something wrong. You were staring at Cody, Reece found something on the ceiling to look at and Justin stared right at her. "I was kidding earlier Reece. I did miss the three of you but as I'm sure you'll all understand since growing older. Shit happens" she said as you cringed at her words. She scanned the table and finally noticed Cody and I sitting there. "How rude of me. My mistake in recovery is assuming it'll always be the same shit but a different day. I'm Bianca Wells" she said as I just half smiled at her. "Joe Goldberg" I said awkwardly as she smiled back.