01 - Twilight: Part One

Blake stares up at the ceiling. "It's gonna be weird without you..."

Bella shoves her twin playfully. "Oh shut up, we're literally across the hall from each other - leave the door open and we can annoy Charlie by yelling to each other."

This makes Blake smile and laugh a little at her; having a twin? Rocks. Need a friend? Sister. Need a hug? She's gotcha. Need to copy her homework? What's hers is hers, too, and vice versa! Of course she is kidding, there's so much more than that to it. She's her best friend. She always jokes it would've been cooler if they were identical - imagine the pranks! - but what they have is awesome enough.

They are total opposites, but it works. Bella got the brains, but of course she's like their dad in that she's hopeless in basically every situation. Blake is a bit more outgoing, more like their mom. But somehow they work.

"How long do you think dad will be weird about us being here?" She asks after a moment.

Blake shrugs. "I don't think he ever will be - he's the definition of awkward."

That's something they gonna have to get used to – dad, Charlie Swan, chief of police and captain of awkwardness. They are used to spending a couple days, 2 weeks at most, every now at then with him but it's been years. Now their mom, Renee Dwyer, wants time with her husband, they feel they held her back. Bella and Blake decided that since she sacrificed so much for them it was the least they could do; she's so happy and that makes them happy.

Blake is more nervous that Bella is about the new school. She had popularity back in Phoenix, but that isn't what she will miss – she's gonna miss the heat, her classes, friends. The old room that Bella and her have shared since Renee moved them to Phoenix. Bella is so nonchalant about things that she isn't too bothered, she doesn't get centimental, but Blake seems to be really struggling. But she has gotta give it more than 2 hours right?

Both look over at each other as they hear a car pull up outside, Bella going over to her window to look out. "B, why do I recognise these people?"

"Let me consult my crystal ball." She says as she gets up to go over. "Oh hey that looks like Billy."

"I suppose we should go down." She says, slipping her sneakers on.

Blake follows, slipping her pumps on. See, opposites, but still the same. "Bella, Blake, you remember Billy Black right?" Charlie asks.

"Wow you're looking good." Bella smiles.

"Still dancing." The man grins from the wheelchair he sits in, nudging the young boy behind him. "This is Jacob-"

"I remember you!" Blake gasps with a smile. "Though a lot smaller and with less hair."

He giggles and blushes. "Thank god, I thought we were gonna have an awkward reunion."

B smiles, Bella groaning as Billy and Charlie play fight from behind the orange truck now parked in the drive. "What's this?" She asks as she gives it a look over.

"Moving present - do you like it?" Charlie says as he finally grows up and comes over.

Bella and Blake share a look. "Like, for us?" She asks as Blake's jaw drops.

Jacob laughs. "I totally rebuilt the engine." He brags confidently.

Both girls share a look, both lunging for the drivers seat. "No I want a turn!"

"I'm the better driver!"

"Are not!"

"Dad!!" They both snap.

Charlie looks nervous, holding his hands up in surrender. "I'm not... I mean... Bella has her hand closest to the handle I guess she wins..."

Blake gives growl and storms round to the passenger side as Bella gets in the drivers seat triumphantly. Jacob leans in the window and explains about double pumping the clutch and blah blah before they all eventually head inside for food.