31 - New Dawn; Part One

"Come on Mylo, we gotta get going! Where's your shoes!?" Embry calls as he heads into his sons room; that feels incredible to say. Mylo has been here about 3 or 4 months now and he fits right in. He has come out of his shell so much and has the best personality.

"I coming!" He says, running over to Embry. "Emby, where Bake?"

"I'm here bubby." Blake smiles as she comes out of their room, straightening her necklace. She's in a loose fitting peach dress, her shorter hair wavy and her makeup natural - she wants to make a good impression. Today is the day they find out if their application has been accepted to adopt Mylo. It'll be months before everything is official, but it'll be one step closer to everything going right.

Embry scoops Mylo up and they head downstairs, Mylo giggling at the sudden and persistent ringing of the doorbell. "Emmit!" He shrieks.

Emmett let's himself in and grins. "Hi dude!"

Blake runs down and grabs her bag. "Emmett, not the time! We're already late."

"I just came to wish you all luck. I beat the others here." He grins triumphantly.

Blake rolls her eyes and grabs the diaper bag - well, not diaper bag, but you know what she means. The bag with snacks, spare pants and undies, drinks and wipes, a toy, etc. "Don't burn my house down!" She calls as they rush to the car.

Embry straps Mylo in as Blake climbs in quickly. Bella runs across the field. "Good luck!"

"Thank you!" Blake and Embry call as they speed away in the shiny new car they recently bought; it's an Audi SUV, upon Rosalie's recommendation, and it seems perfect as a family car - after all, it's just the three of them. For now.

"Dinny!" Mylo demands, kicking Blake's chair.

"Hey! You know you only get Disney if you ask nicely!" Embry scolds, looking over at the kid.

He smiles cheekily. "Emby, pease I have dinny?"

"That's better, of course you can cutie." He smiles, flicking the CD on for him.

Mylo begins to sing along with his foot tapping against the back of Blake's seat. She smiles wide as she watches him, her heart fuller than it has ever been; sadly, she's still waiting for their bubble to be burst. What if Renee finds out? What if the family come forward? What if they lose him today? What if everything they've put into this little boy is taken by someone who doesn't know him?

Of course it'll be best for him no matter what, and if that's his family or another, so be it. But they are right for him - her and Embry. They love him, so so much. He's grown so much in the short time he's been with them and nothing makes them happier than to see him happy. They are a family now. Blake doesn't know how she'd handle him being taken...

Embry looks over to see her smile has turned sad. He takes her hand. "Hey, don't you think like that."

Blake looks down at their hands. "But..."

"Butts are fo sitsing!" Mylo interjects.

Embry and Blake laugh gently. "That's right, buddy, that's what Blake always says isn't it?"

Blake rolls her eyes. "Oh my boys."

Embry smiles, glancing at her. "This, today, this day right here - this is what we've worked for. Mylo is gonna be a Call. And today is the legal start of that. Okay?"

Blake nods and smiles lovingly at her husband. He's been an angel since the whole of this started, since she bought a random child home with her. She thinks this may be the best thing to ever happen to her, other than her Embry.