34 - New Dawn: The End

Blake bounces around the room, gently patting the baby's bum. "Momma is so so happy you're here." She coos, stroking their cheek gently. They yawn, snuggling up a little ; her heart swells proudly.

Embry smiles as he comes in. "Hey momma bear."

Blake smiles and turns around. "Hi papa bear. How's my little girl doing?"

Embry smirks, turning so Blake can see their daughters face under all the blankets. "How's our other son doing?"

Blake giggles, going closer so the twins are together. "He's good."

Embry kisses her head gently as they both gaze at their babies; they found out about Haley being a girl at the 20 week scan, but also found out Parker existed that day, too. He was definitely a huge surprise, but he makes up for it now with screaming the house down when he doesn't get attention. Sort of like his godmother, Aunt Alice.

"Where's Mylo?" Blake asks, setting Parker down.

"I here, mom!" He calls, running in.

Blake freezes, her eyes wide. Embry smiles, raising an eyebrow. "Don't." He whispers, knowing his wife is about to explode with joy - like Flynn said, don't make a fuss or he'll change his mind and maybe take it back.

Blake holds her breath, kneeling down with a big smile. "How you doing buddy? You ready to introduce brother and sister to everyone?"

He nods, pointing to his 'big brother' t-shirt. "I ready. Daddy helpeded me showers."

Blake kisses his head, holding in the tears. "I'm so proud buggy. Wanna help me change Haley?"

He nods fast and runs to the closet, stretching on his toes to see her little outfits. Blake takes slow steps over, still sore from her C-section a week ago, and helps him choose an outfit. Embry, meanwhile, watches with pride. Their journey has been long and hard but here they are. Blake refuses pain meds to help, but she accepted them in the hospital. He's beyond proud of her resilience and determination in making sure not only she is healthy, but so is their family.

"Okay okay, give me a sec!" Blake laughs, waddling to the changer.

Embry sets Haley down and lifts Mylo onto the stool. "You got them? The doors about to knock any second."

Blake nods and smiles, helping Mylo unbutton Haley's onesie. He heads downstairs, waiting a moment for the bell to ring, before he opens the door. He's surprised to see their case worker, Ms Thompson, stood on the door step. "Is everything-"

"Oh, its fine!" She smiles. "I'm sorry, I know you and Blake are in a transition period with your new little ones, but I had to come as soon as I heard." She says. "You are officially Mylo's parents." She squeals.

Embry feels his jaw drop. "Wait... Seriously?"

She nods. "Yes, Mr Call, seriously. Given the circumstances, I've managed to convince a judge to postpone the official hearing for a few weeks but he's happy to come and witness you sign the birth certificate of Mylo to officially make him yours."

Embry feels his eyes well up. He exhales slowly. "Wow... Wow, thank you so so much."

She smiles. "No problem, Mr Call. Is tomorrow okay for you both?"

"Yes yes!" He nods fast, smiling wide. Once he's seen her out, and taken a moment to look at the official documents, he slowly walks upstairs to where he hears his family.

"Momma!" Mylo giggles.

"Whaaat?" Blake sings. "That's how her dress goes, no?"

He peaks in to watch them for a moment, Blake letting Mylo think he's teaching her how to dress Haley. Blake laughs and kisses his head, looking over. "Daddy's being a creep, My."

Mylo scowls. "Dada, no eviesdop."

"Eavesdrop, baby, but nice try." Embry says, coming in. He kneels down by Mylo to be Eye level. "Mylo, daddy jsut got some news."

Blake frowns deeply. "Em-"

He holds a finger up to say wait. He takes Mylo's hands. "Mylo, how do you feel about you getting the same name as mom and dad?"

Mylo's eyes widen. "Weally?"

Blake frowns. "Em, we can't until he's legally ou...." her voice trails off as she realises, the smirk on his face a give away. "Who was at the door!?"

"Ms Thompson. He's ours, baby." Embry stands, picking Mylo up.

Blake bursts into tears and hugs them both tightly, forgetting for a moment the wound causing her pain. How can anything bother her right now? Her life is complete. Through the thick and the thin, the tough and the tougher, she's made it this far. She did it!

fin