27 - Reality: Part Five

Blake sits on the floor of the bathroom, alone and barely with it. Her and Embry had an argument - a really bad one - and she broke. She just... They were there. And she couldn't resist. Why were they there? Well, let's go back to the day before.

-

Blake sifts through the mail box, humming as she does. Bills, bills, bills. A notice? She reads it and goes to the main desk; they use a po-box for now since their address is so new. "Excuse me? It says I have a package to collect."

"Just a moment." The woman says, going out back. She comes back with a small box, the thing too big for the post box. "Here hon, just need a signature."

Blake signs and tucks the box so it's balanced in her sling. She heads out of the post office and over to where Jasper waits. "Can you open this for me?"

He nods and peels the tape off the box for her. "Here you go..." He says, his voice trialing off as he catches sight of the orange bottle in the box. "Blake-"

She's already taken the box and opened it. Her heart stops for a moment as she stares at it, swallowing hard. "Who'd send this..."

Jasper takes the bottle and puts it in his pocket, then takes the box and examines it for a return address. "It came from Florida." He says.

Blake bites her lip. "Mom." She whispers, wiping under her eyes.

Jasper reads the small note scrawled on the inside of one of the flaps. "'Heard you were hurt. Hope these help.'"

Blake feels sick as she looks up at the sky taking a deep breath. "Take me to my dad please." She whispers.

Jasper nods and opens the car door for her, closing it once she's in. He grabs his phone. "Alice? Call Bella back. Now." He says, hanging up before he gets in.

He drives her to the station and carries the box for her, Charlie confused as he sees them. He nods to his office and closes the door once they're inside. "What's going on?"

"We think Renee sent these." Jasper says, setting the pills and the box on the desk.

Blake stares out of the window as Charlie picks the bottle up. "She what." He snaps, one hand on his hip as he tenses his jaw. "This. This is too far. We're getting a restraining order."

"Won't stop her." Blake mutters, numb. Look at that - the feeling she got from those pills is now something that comes naturally. She's so beaten down, worn out, that it's finally come all on its own.

Jasper frowns as he can feel it, but he doesn't bring it up right now. "I'll call a lawyer - I know a very good one who'll make sure Renee doesn't so much as think about Blake without getting herself locked up."

Blake just walks out, no idea where she's going. Charlie goes to follow but Jasper stops him. "No, she needs a moment. I'll follow her in a minute, I promise."

Charlie sighs and begins to talk to Jasper about the lawyer he knows. Blake wanders idly down the street, her mind elsewhere. And, as if fate decided it was convenient, she spots Hadley. Ah... That's a bad sign, but to her it is good. She marches over and swallows hard, clearing her throat. "I have 40 bucks on me. I'll take whatever." She whispers.

Hadley frowns, pulling her away from a few people near by. He's heard about her journey, and even though he doesn't really know her he's proud. Not many people get on and off a drug so quick, but she has. "Blake, I don't think you-"

"I said I'll take whatever!" She snaps, glaring.

He sighs and looks around for a moment, taking the money she pulls from her pocket and replacing it with a small baggy of about 20 pills. "Blake... Be careful." He says.