29 - Reality: Part Seven

Blake and Embry would never admit this to Flynn - his head is big enough without another ego boost - but things are going so good. With only a few weeks left of their new arrangement, neither of them have realised. They've been enjoying each others company and times, and it feels good to date normally. They sort of skipped that because of the whole wolf thing.

"Come ooooon!" Emmett whines as Blake pants a little, rolling her eyes. "Let me carry you, please!"

"No. You wanted to come." Blake says, wiping her brow. "Quit whining." She climbs over another log, finally catching up to Emmett. He's been a good friend recently. Apparently Bella, Alice, Esme and Rose went to Denali for a girls hunting weekend or something, so he's been bored and alone. Bored and annoying her, more like.

"It'll be more fun if I carry-" He stops talking, looking around.

Blake raises an eyebrow. "It's very unlike you to shut up, wha-"

He covers her mouth. "Shh Shh. Wait." He says, listening. "I hear... Crying." He says, looking around. "Up here." He takes off running.

"Hey!" Blake calls, trying to catch up. "Emmett!?" she calls, looking around. Why does it all look the same?

"Here. A boy." Emmett says, carrying a small child over.

Blake's eyes widen. "What..." The boy cries, trying to get away from Emmett. "Hey hey, Shh. Its okay, my names Blake. You wanna come to me?" She asks.

He grabs onto her and cries, his whole body shaking. Blake and Emmett share a worried look. "Where did he come from? There's nothing out here for miles." Emmett says.

"Can you try follow a scent? I'll wait here with him, try settle him." She says.

Emmett nods and takes off. Blake sits on the ground and rubs the boys back. "Hi buddy, shhh. Can you tell me your name?"

He shakes his head, his chubby hands gripping her more as he hides in her neck. She rubs his back still and looks over what she can see of him; a few scrapes and bruises but he seems in one piece. Maybe 3 years old? She has no clue. He has messy blonde hair that's tangled and knotted and no shoes. He's in short pyjamas, a short t-shirt. He must be freezing. She gently slips her jacket off and tucks it around him.

"My names Blake. And that man who found you, he's called Emmett. Do you have a name, honey?" She says in a soft voice.

He hiccups, his cries growing softer. "I-I M-Mylo." He hiccups, crying again.

She smiles and rubs his back still. "Mylo, you are such a brave boy. Where's your mommy? Or daddy?"

"M-momma g-g-gone!" he cries.

"Shh okay sweetpea, you're okay." She says, looking up as she hears footsteps.

Emmett shakes his head. "Washed away." He sounds angry. "Who the fuck leaves a kid out here? We're 7 miles from any known road, 1 from a dirt road. His scent starts there, he must've been wandering for a while."

"Is Carlisle at work?" She asks, standing as she holds Mylo. Emmett nods. "Okay. Get him, fast. See if he can find anything for Mylo to wear. I can walk back to the car with him and meet you back at the house."

Emmett nods and takes off again. Blake bounces Mylo a little. "Hey kiddo, we're gonna go back to my house okay?" she says gently, beginning to walk. Her and Emmett had only come about a half mile onto this track when he caught the scent. They'd done 2 other trails this morning, hence why she'd gotten tired so easy.

Within 15 minutes she's back at the house, carrying him in. Mylo has settled, despite a few whimpers and hiccups, and she sits him on the counter. "Do you want a drink? Water?"