11 - Breaking Dawn: Part Two

Blake claps with everyone else as Edward and Bella are introduced as husband and wife, heading to the top table with their parents. She's sat a few tables back with Seth and Sue Clearwater and Billy Black. She hasn't really said much to anyone, but she did feel the eyes of her old classmates burning into her soul. She feels her phone vibrate and slyly glances down as Esme gives a speech.

'How's it going, BH?' -E

She smiles a little and types a reply.

'Haven't killed anyone yet. Sure you can't gatecrash? We made prom pretty fun, come on.' - B

Blake cringes at her mom's speech, Charlie looking over to check on her to distract himself from the disaster. She giggles a little at his expression and rolls her eyes. He gives a smile and turns away again; when he does, she checks her phone, but her heart sinks a little when she sees he hasn't replied.

She's so zoned out of it all that she doesn't realize someone come over until they clear their throat. She looks up quickly and blushes when she sees Carlisle stood smiling. "Hi! Sorry, I was... elsewhere."

"Not a problem. I asked if you'd like to dance?" He smiles, offering his hand.

Blake blushes. "I don't think I've drunk enough to be in the mood for dancing, doc." 

"Humour me." He smiles charmingly. 

She rolls her eyes playfully but takes his hand and lets him pull her to the dancefloor that Jasper and Alice seem to be dominating. He places a hand on the small of her back and begins to dance a little, Blake watching her feet to be sure she doesn't step on him.

"Heard you had a conversation with Bella today... How you doing?" he says after a moment.

Blake scowls and looks up at the doc as he gives a sheepish smile. "Oh, so this is professional dancing, not personal, huh."

"Not at all. Everyone dances at weddings. I saw you all alone and my wife has left me for being a social butterfly, so really you're doing me a favour here. I just thought I could return it by being an ear to listen."

Blake sighs. "I mean... I'd love to down a few pills right now and be able to forget everything and at least pretend to have fun. But my mom, your daughter and the guy I realllllly like may have a problem with that."

Carlisle twirls her gently. "That feeling shouldn't be a negative one - how you deal with it, that's what matters. You've put it out there, acknowledged the feeling, and now you can let it go."

"Jesus, have you spoken to Flynn? You sound just like him."

Carlisle laughs a little. "He must be good if he sounds like me." Carlisle teases as B giggles.

"Can I cut in?"

Blake stops moving, freezing as she sees Edward stood by his fathers shoulder, his hand outstretched. "B?" Carlisle says gently, squeezing the hand he holds.

She takes a shaky breath and manages a nod as Carlisle steps aside; he gives his son a warning glance and moves aside fully, but stays close just in case. Edward takes Blake's hand and places his other on the small of her back, both beginning to move slowly.

He watches her look at anything but him. "I'm sorry I make you nervous."

"You don't. I already feel an urge and being by you makes that worse." She says honestly. "You're sort of the reason I used to take drugs, buddy."

"Yes, Bella said... It wasn't exactly fair to out this to her on today." He says, keeping his tone even.

Blake pulls away so fast, like he burned her. "How dare you... Did she mention our mother shutting us in a room together? Our mom making me tell her? I was fine the way I was Edward, I don't need your judgement. You won - bravo. Bella is yours. Enjoy." Blake walks away quickly, before Carlisle can stop her. He gives his son a disapproving look and walks after her, trying to go at a human pace. But she slips away, into the hundreds of guests.