23 - Reality: Part One

Living in the real world is hard. Not that Blake never noticed it but it's becoming ever more evident to her. It's been a blissful year of marriage - if blissful means hell. Not necessarily the marriage part, but everything else that comes with it.

Werewolves.

Vampires.

Humans.

The worst part is, the humans are the scariest. Several times her mom has submitted her to legal drugs tests. At almost 2 years sober, its definitely not getting any easier to handle; it's a constant reminder that she's a ticking time bomb. It could just blow. Or someone could cut the wrong wire. Say the wrong thing or push her too hard, essentially.

She is glad, however, they built their house so far out. It's even better than she imagined; the view from their bedroom? Mountains. Trees. Every sunrise and sunset is stunning - even with the near constant cover of clouds and rain.

Her dad is round every Friday, Sunday and Wednesday. He's doing good, thank god, but he still hasn't learned to take it easy.

Blake and Em spend every Saturday on the res with Embry spending most days there - it's his job, essentially.

Bella and Edward pop in and out, but Alice has been away for a few months. Blake has found that hard; no matter what else was going on, Alice was a constant anchor for her. There at the drop of a hat.

The biggest change?

Their beauty niece, Kya. Sam and Emily welcomed a little girl last Christmas. She's now almost one, has a dozen or so uncles protecting her and half as many aunts. She's a beautiful little girl. But a part of Blake is jealous.

How can she not be?

She should have a little baby. She didn't even get to name him or her. Know his or her gender. See a scan of them.

There's also Ness as a constant reminder. The kid is only 2 and still manages to amaze everyone with her appearance, looking as if she's nearing double digits now. She's full of personality and she loves to play with Kya.

Blake sighs and stares out of her hotel room window, waiting for it to be a reasonable time to leave. Flynn has asked her to come and talk about her recovery at a conference thing he's holding; he's recently published a paper on her, sorta, and the kind of work he does. He's got a lot of positive response from it and he got so excited. It's the least Blake can do for everything he's done for her. And it's sort of her job now - motivational speaking.

Her art is her passion, even the littlest doodles sell well, but she feels she needs to spread the positivity that was spread to her. She has a duty to help other young girls get past the same thing she went through.

Embry's name flashes up again and she sighs, turning her phone over. She loves him, she does, but she knows what this call is about.

Jared and Kim just announced their pregnancy.

Again, don't mistake her response for jealousy or sadness. She's so happy for them. But, again, it hurts. She's only 21, sure she has loads of time. It's just after everything, after having a baby taken from her too soon and watching everyone else have one, it's hard.

There's a knock at her door so she quickly sets her coffee down and straightens her white dress. She walks to it and opens it, deflating as she sees Carlisle. "And why are you here." She crosses her arms.

He smirks, his hands in his pockets. "Came to see how my favourite girl is. Plus Flynn asked me to join last night, took the first flight I could - Alice said the weather was overcast enough. And there's a little thing of your husband won't leave me alone. Says you're ignoring him."