13 - Breaking Dawn: Part Four

You got this, B, you used to be good with people. You're a people person. You can do this. Blake takes a deep breath as she climbs out of the truck, Embry already walking over from where he sat with the pack by the fire.

"Hi." He smiles, stopping a few feet away.

Blake smiles, blushing like a lovesick teen. "Hi."

"Your dad let you come then huh?" He holds his hand out and she takes it.

"He did, but I got a curfew of 11." She rolls her eyes a little.

Embry pulls her into his side and wraps an arm around her. "I feel like a teenager all over again, dating a girl and making sure she's home by a certain time."

"You're seriously gonna listen to that?" She groans.

"Maybe. Your dad has a gun, I may heal fast but I still feel pain."

Blake giggles a bit. "Who's afraid of the big bad Charlie?"

"I mean, your dads intimidating more than scary, but Alice? She terrifies me. And she normally sides with your dad." Em smiles. "Anyway. Oi!" He yells as the stop at the edge of the roudy group.

They all instantly go silent, almost comically, and stare at them; Blake can't help but giggle. Em smiles sweetly and them all. "Guys, most of you know her but this is my Blake. B, this is the pack. That's Sam, he's our alpha, with Emily. Paul and Rachel, you may recognise her. Jared and Kim. Quil, Seth, Leah and of course, the devil himself, Jacob."

Jake rolls his eyes. "Ha ha sorry, you're just so funny."

Blake smiles and nods at them all. "Hi."

"Blake, come sit by us girls. We'll keep you sane." Emily smiles, moving a little to create space for her.

Quil gasps. "She's my friend, Emily, not yours!"

"Who said she likes you? She's mine." Jared smirks.

Embry rolls his eyes. "You all wish."

Blake giggles and goes to Emily, Kim and Rachel. "I do remember you, your twins Rebecca right?" She asks Rachel.

Rachel smiles. "Yeah, that'd be us. We made-"

"Mudpies, yeah. Well, we let Bella and Jake do that while you guys taught me how to braid hair." Blake giggles. "Gosh, that feels like a life time ago."

"Tell me about it. How you liking LaPush?" She asks, leaning back against the log Paul and Jared are sat on.

Blake shrugs. "I like it more than home sometimes. Embry and I are down here a lot these days and it's kinda our place. Gets me away from my dad and the Bella drama. And Alice, God I love her but she's everywhere."

"Cullen?" Kim asks, surprised. "I didn't realise you were friends with them." That changes Kim's opinion of Blake a little - maybe she's just like her sister.

B shrugs. "Alice saved my life. And she's the sister Bella once was."

"Anyway." Emily says, sensing the shift in mood. "How did Embry tell you?"

B giggles. "He was tryna distract me - it worked!" She plays with one of the holes in her ripped jeans. "He just sort of phased, I didn't know how to react so I just sorta sat in the wet sand."

"Weird, isn't it? And upon finding out the guy I liked was a shape shifter, I also found out my baby brother was. Thanks for that secret, Jakey!"

"You're welcomeeee!" Jake calls over the fire with a grin. He winks at Blake as she gives a small smile. He decides to come over. "Blake, can you help me grab more hotdogs from my car?"