30 - Reality: Part Eight

Blake could hardly sleep last night, so she spent most of the night doing laundry and tidying the house. She checked on Mylo every half hour or less, making sure he slept okay; he seems peaceful but she can't know for sure. Just as she's pulling dry clothes out of the dryer she hears little footsteps, looking over.

Mylo stands, looking panicked and frightened until he sees her, rubbing his eyes. "Bake..."

"Hi buddy." She smiles, sitting on the floor and opening her arms. "Is everything okay?" She kisses his head as he jumps on her.

He nods small and just cuddles her. She rubs his back. "I got you some clean clothes here, shall we get you all clean and dressed?"

He shakes his head. "No? Okay, we can wait a bit then. Do you wanna help me do laundry?" She says and he nods. "Come on then. Pull these out for me." He shyly turns and sits in her lap, pulling the clothes out of the dryer and into the basket. She smiles as she watches him, helping him help her load the washer again. "You are so helpful. Can you help me run a bath now?"

He nods and holds her hand tightly as he follows her upstairs, looking around. She points to the plug and he climbs into the big tub to put it in, climbing out to put the taps on. He pours way too much bubble bath in but Blake doesn't mind; he grabs a blue towel that he wants to use and grows shy as Blake turns the taps off. "Can you strip? Do you want me to turn away?"

He nods and she giggles small as she turns away, peaking over as he strips and climbs in the bubble bath. She kneels by the tub and smiles. "All good?" He nods and smiles, playing in the water. He squeezes the bubbles in his hands and plays with them, Blake blowing some.

He giggles and swats them away. "Nuh!"

"Nuh? Bubbles are made for blowing." She smirks, blowing more.

He giggles harder and grabs a big handful, blowing them at Blake. She gasps. "Oh you monkey!" She giggles, laughing as he covers his face to hide.

Embry follows the sounds of giggles and leans in the doorway, watching his wife play with the boy. "Where was my invite?"

Blake smiles as she looks over. "Lost in the post. Come say hi." She waves him over.

Mylo grows shy and hugs her arm tightly. She kisses his wet hair. "Mylo this is Embry. Can you say hi?"

"Hi Emby.." He whispers.

Embry sits beside Blake and smiles. "Hi Mylo. Can I join the fun?"

Mylo giggles small and nods, holding up a handful of bubbles. Embry blows them and Mylo shrieks, giggling again. Soon enough they're all soaked, but giggled out. Embry gets the clothes Blake washed as Blake dries Mylo, changing him. "Little big on him but they were free." Blake says, combing his hair.

Embry watches her. "How did he sleep?"

"Good." She smiles. "How was..."

"We didn't find anything." Embry clenches his jaw and forces a smile as Mylo looks up at him. "But that doesn't matter! Who wants pancakes!?"

Mylo nods shyly. "Peas." He says.

"Peas?" Embry asks confused.

Blake rolls her eyes as she carries Mylo downstairs. "He said please, doofus."

"Oh." Embry nods. "I sorta didn't realise kids had their own language."

Blake rolls her eyes as she sits Mylo on the counter, leaning beside him. "He doesn't, he has his own way of saying things. Mylo, what's my name?"

He looks at her. "Bake."

"And who's that?" she points to Embry.

He looks over at him then at her again. "Emby."