10 - Eclipse P4 / Breaking Dawn P1

Blake laughs hard as Embry accidentally kicks the ball in the direction of a walking couple. "I am so sorry!" He calls, jogging to grab it. He kicks it back to Blake and she blocks it easily, kicking it back to him.

"You, Mr Call, have two left feet." She says.

He grins and shrugs, kicking it back. "Sorry, Mrs Trips-a-lot." 

"Once! I did that once!" She blushes.

It's been an okay week home so far, most because Bella is avoiding her and Charlie. She comes home right on curfew and leaves at sunrise. Embry and Alice, along with the occasional visit fro Jasper, have been her company and her support system and they've been incredible. Charlie originally took a week or two off work to help B settle but he went back after 2 days because he a/ got bored and b/ had nothing to do as her time was occupied. 

"We should go before it- agh!!" Blake shrieks as the icy rain she was just about to mention begins pouring down on them. Embry curses and grabs her arm, running for the trees for some form of shelter. Blake giggles hard as she cuddles against him, his arm around her. "Beat me to it."

He laughs, looking out as the rain hammers down from the grey sky. "Well, we timed that poorly. How do we get home?"

"My truck's at yours, buddy, and I am not walking 15 minutes in that." She giggles, leaning on a tree a few feet from him.

Embry grins at her. "Big baby." He says, pulling his phone out. He sends a quick 'stuck at the beach, sos' to the pack group chat and slides his phone away, pulling Blake back to him as he sees her pulling at her hoodie sleeves for warmth. "I got you."

Blake blushes and looks up at him. "Em... what dad said last week was right, I-I'm not ready for anything like that..."

"And I know that. But I'm not going anywhere B, you're very much stuck with me. I'm not forcing this, I just want to spend time with you, make you smile... and know you're okay." He says gently.

Blake bites her lip and, for the fourth time this week, finds her lips against his. She closes her eyes for a moment and savours it knowing something always ruins their kiss. Charlie, Alice, Doctor Flynn's weekly video call. This time it happens to be Embry's phone.

He reluctantly pulls away and sighs, checking his phone. "We have a ride waiting... Not sure how you're gonna like it." He mutters, keeping an arm around her as he walks towards the car park. 

Blake frowns, looking at her feet so she doesn't trip somehow. "Who is it? Em, I swear if it's her-"

"Not Bella. But just as bad... Remember, it is a 5-minute ride at most." 

Blake looks up as they reach the edge of the trees, her face dropping as she sees the red Rabbit parked in front of her. Jacob climbs out, his face frowning deep. He's waited months to see her. "Blake..."

"I'll wait here, you go get the truck." She whispers to Em.

He frowns deeply. "I'm not leaving you, B. How about if he promises to keep his big mouth shut?"

"Not a-"

"That works for me."

Jacob growls in annoyance at Blake's interruption. "Fine!" He snaps, slamming his door as he gets back in. Em rushes to the passenger side and opens the door, helping Blake into the backseat. Jacob speeds away in silence.

"Thanks for the ride, man, we didn't expect the rain so soon." Embry says quietly.

"Whatever." Jacob snaps. 

B rolls her eyes. "Just as rude as ever, I see, nice to see nothing changes in this hell."

"Shut up." Jake snaps.